What's new

switch wallplates on RC-1 system. (1 Viewer)

How do you mount the wall plate to the switch and outlet boxes on a wall that has resilient channel? Do you leave them sticking out 1/4 inch and put acoustic sealant behind and/or it?

Can you use RC-1 to hang 1/2" drywall on the ceiling? Would you have to reverse the last channel on one end so that the others don't bend too much?

chris_everett

Second Unit
To answer the first question, You should be able to use a mud ring to "extend" the box.

I would think that hanging 1/2" drywall on any RC would not be a problem, but your should probably check with the manufacture for exact installation instructions.

If I install the mud plates should the wall plates be touching the drywall? If they will be touching the drywall will it allow it to move?

chris_everett

Second Unit
I think the idea is that you use flexible caulk around the edge of the ring to sperate it from the wall. The ideal way to do it from a soundproofing point of view is to surface mount all of the electrical (in conduit), but for the sake of aestetics, most people take the small hit of a more traditional install.

And Steve is right about the hat channel. I had forgetten about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks