What's new

Swapped out TV's, now uVerse has no audio (1 Viewer)

pixelneer

Auditioning
Real Name
James thompson
So, I just got an 82" Samsung QLED tv for Christmas. What should have been a straight swap out of the TV has turned a bit more problematic.

My system now:
Samsung QN82Q6 Flat 82" QLED 4K UHD 6 Series Smart TV
Onkyo HT-S5800 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos
Oppo Blue Ray player
PS4
AppleTV

The previous tv was a Vizio (for what it's worth).

Anyhow, I took the HDMI cable from the receiver and plugged it into the HDMI 1 port of the new TV, exactly as it was on the old TV. Everything works as it's supposed to EXCEPT the AT&T uVerse box. For some reason, there is absolutely zero sound being sent to the receiver. I've tried all of the uVerse 'troubleshooting' tools as well as swapping out HDMI cables, swapping ports on the receiver, and still no audio from the uVerse box.

Any ideas?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
So it sounds like the blu-ray player, PS4, Apple TV, and uVerse box (which wasn’t in your list) all plug into the Onkyo receiver. If the only change made was the TV and its connection to Onkyo, that obviously has nothing to do with the new TV. Thus it looks like something is wrong with the uVerse box.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

pixelneer

Auditioning
Real Name
James thompson
Yeah. Sorry. All components are going into the Onkyo. Then one HDMI from the Onkyo to the HDMI 1 port on the tv...

Everything has solid audio except that U-verse box which did u til the tv swap.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Try unplugging the Onkyo and the Uverse box for 15 seconds and plug them back in. They may need to re-establish the handshake.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks