What's new

SVS subwoofer model? (1 Viewer)

Marc*F

Stunt Coordinator
Ok just planning my future home theatre room/living room for when i move into my new place :)

The living room i guess would be on the smaller side here are the measurements:

14.44 feet long by
11.82 feet wide

Total squared feet approx = 171 feet squared

Would this be considered medium sized by average for a living room/theatre room?

Based on the above what SVS would fit it just right? Was thinking along the lines of the PB12-ISD (money wise would just like to spend ABIT more then needed)

Eric Ha

Stunt Coordinator
That room is slightly smaller than average I would say, and the PB12-ISD would fill it very nicely. You might be able to get away with a PB-10 depending on how much SPL you need. I would get the PB12 and not worry about it.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
PB12 sounds good to me unless you always want to be future proof and go say one or two up from there. Call Tom and give him the info about your room and let him figure it. Hes an expert at this. He told me what I needed and I said.. "No way" and he say "Yes way", while I really do now know he is the expert, me being myself and always having to outdo things a bit got a PB2+ which is about twice what I really needed but it sure makes it fun for movies. I have never had it over half gain and like -5 on the receiver setting and still get blown over at times... haha

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
You can never have too much subwoofer. So get the biggest one you can afford.

I have duel 16-46CS+s in a 12' x 13' room, and they are just right.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The PB-12 and PB-10 have very similar output, so if you want a little more, you'd need to go up to a 12/2 or the new 12/v.

I have a larger room than that and the PB-10 does a pretty good job.

I would imagine in a room that size, dual subs would be dueling with each other. That's a LOT of woofage. (still not as bad as Frank :D )

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I just picked up a PB10, mostly out of curiosity, but I'm definitely keeping it around a while. I had a PB12-ISD/2 prior to having to sell it about six months ago. I tell you what, this little SVS packs a punch. I expected it to be good since all four SVS subs I've owned have been excellent products.....but I'm very impressed with what they've done for $429. In a 14x11 room, I think that you'd be very happy with this model. My room is 15x25 (part of one side wall is sort of 'caved in' with a fireplace toward the back) with 10' ceilings and this thing does a very impressive job filling it with bass. Of course, if the budget allows, a bigger SVS certainly wouldn't hurt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks