What's new

SVS & SMS-1 Question. (1 Viewer)

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Guy's in my quest for better sub calibration I have just ran into a deal for the Velodyne SMS-1 @ $422.00 shipped to my house. Now, would it be worth me getting it for my new SvS PB12+2? I haven't had the time to set up the PEQ yet "I'm getting tired of Home improvements". But with this deal of the day I need to know is it worth the money. I have to send the money to the guy tomorrow so any help would be great..

Thanks!

Shannon

TV555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Veryal
I think it would be a great and necessary addition.
Ask SVS if they have any plans of releasing their own EQ device. They hyped a while back and it was supposed to come out around the time of the Ultra.

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Well I just got the SMS-1 hooked up and to say the least "at this time" I'm not wow'd over it yet. But I'm not giving up..

Shannon

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Shannon,
Give it some time and listen to lots of different material (music and movies). I have a PB12 NSD/2 with some serious response anomalies in my room. Also, take the time to set it up properly. For me, it took a lot of reading, but actually wasn't that difficult once I got the hang of it. My PB12 NSD/2 is now flat from 20-80 Hz in my room.
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks