What's new

SVS crossover question.... (1 Viewer)

Vader

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Derek
I just got my SVS 16-46PCi sub, and am confused at what the manual is telling me vs. my intuition. The manual says that in order to bypass the sub's crossover, I need to have the "Crossover Bypass" ENABLED. The Bash amp, however, simply has an ENABLE/DISABLE toggle under the heading of CROSSOVER - with no mention of the afore referenced "Crossover Bypass" - suggenting that DISABLE would be the correct setting....

...and if any other SVS owners could comment on where I can get my dogs therapy (they have not been the same since I first fired this thing up)... :D

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Yep, disable the crossover on the sub and use your receiver. Otherwise you have two crossovers involved, which may create a huge gap in the frequency response.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you play some material with bass (or test tones if you happen to have them) and you adjust the level, you should be able to tell which one is NOT bypassed, in which case, the other is the one you want. Clear as mud right? Nice sub :) My cats have grown accustomed to the rumbling of my sub...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks