What's new

SVS 25-31PCi Story (1 Viewer)

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
I'm just a simple guy who loves HT. I found this site and visit often. Like many I also heard A LOT about SVS and their subs...then I saw that their new PCi line was coming out. I pre-ordered one of their 25-31PCi's and waited patiently.

Then the day came...my UPS tracking number! I couldn't wait to see if the Sub would live up to the hype.

Arrival day:

Wife: Wow, that's a big box.

Me: Smiled, saw serial number of 00002, smiled again, opened box, set up, calibration...huh?

The sub had a problem, it popped, and hissed, it appeared flawed or damaged. I e-mailed SVS and Tom helped me try all the tricks: receiver problem, ground loop problem, nothing worked. So I packed up the old sub, sent it back to SVS and waited for a new sub to be sent to me.

Arrival day 2:

UPS GUY: Gee, you guys buy a lot of speakers! (True quote)

Wife: Wow, that's another big box.

Me: Smiled, serial number 00046, set up, calibration....WOW.

My "wow" first started off being a reference to my new sub but it more represents the service I got from Tom, Ron, and Erik.

I must have e-mail those guys 4-5 times a day with all my "hissing, popping, calibration questions" and they responded back to me in hours, not days, not weeks...sometimes just 5 minutes!!! I was floored! To say they "care" about their customers is an understatement. To those who think they might be in it just for the money, you're wrong. Yes, they're trying to make a living, but they really do care about my satisfaction and desire me to have the best HT possible.

After I got the new SVS and it worked I e-mail the guys to let them now all is well. Ron e-mailed me back and asked if I got any "spiffs" for my troubles, like a t-shirt or wall logo. I said, "no" and he replied...tell me what you want and it's yours! So now I have a new wall logo enroute for my HT room! Did this have to be done? No. The sub appears to have been damaged in shipping...but they went the extra mile anyway.

Now onto the SVS. My 25-31PCi replaces an old Klipsch sub from my dolby pro-logic days. Though rated down to 30hz I new I was missing a lot. With the new PCi my movie world has opened up...big time. Here's the biggest compliment that can be made, and my wife said it speaking to her friend:

"You'll have to have Erik (that's me) show you his new toy!"

Yes, for those married out there, the wife pushing you to show off your new gear is the ultimate in approval. Other comments by family and friends:

"I could feel that!"

"Oh my gosh, I never knew that existed in this movie!"

"That shook the room upstairs!"

With Titan AE I felt the bass in my chest. During the pod race in Phantom Menace my couch shook. In the Matrix, my pant legs ruffled. The list goes on and on...but to sum up...SVS has hit a home run with their new PCi's! I just have the "baby" of the group so I'm frightened to think what the two bigger brother's could do.

I could impress you with SPL readings and other technical garb, which are impressive, but I'm here to just tell you about a HT guy who is just darn happy with his new sub!

To those naysayers: Yes, I've tried the new Klipsch, Energy's, and others and those are great subs...but for $550 bucks they can not match the price/performace ratio of the SVS.

I could have been upset that my first sub didn't work. I could have waited days or weeks for help or even getting a new one. But I didn't...why? Svs stands behind their product 100%...and have made me HAPPY...and that's what matters to them most!

If you doubt "making customers happy" is their ultimate goal...just ask them. They could be making their subs for the normal home theater chains and Hi-Fi stores, of which we'd pay the middle man and other mark-ups...and this would show that SVS would be in it just for the money. But since they're in it for guys and gals like me and you reading this...they make themselves available and offer in my humble opinion the best bang for your buck subs out there.

That's my story...and it has a more then happy ending!

E

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Nice story, always nice to read about people's first reactions to a new SVS in the house :)
Last time my Mother was in my house (she doesn't visit often, since her parents are 1000ft away) she saw the SVS in the corner and said "Whats that???" I just told her that it's what allows the pipe organ to sound so good, no more ?s from her. (She's a Organist)
Brian

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Here's the biggest compliment that can be made, and my wife said it speaking to her friend:

"You'll have to have Erik (that's me) show you his new toy!"

Yes, for those married out there, the wife pushing you to show off your new gear is the ultimate in approval.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to the "My SVS arrived damaged but SVS took care of me club". :)
Tom, Ron and the staff at SVS take good care of their customers, no doubt about it.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the annual meeting of:

"My SVS arrived damaged but SVS took care of me club".

Over the loudspeaker: "Welcome our newest members...(insert clapping)...if you'd please stand and introduce yourself."

Shuffle of chair..."Hi, My name is Erik...and I...uh...I...bought and SVS and it...uh...(insert angry voice)..the dang UPS people broke it!"

Loudspeaker: "Now Erik we don't get angry...we..."

Interrupted by Erik: "...but they..I was waiting..and....(insert crying)...I just don't know if I can go on..sniff..sniff"

Loudspeaker: "Don't worry, the brown truck will return!"

Crowd: Thunderous Applause!

Erik: Smile...wiping his tears.

-------------------------------------

Sorry, I have a flare for the dramatic!

E

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I have to back up what Erik said. I have yet to get a SVS sub, but intend to make it a future upgrade. I emailed Tom some questions once and he responded within 30 minutes. I thought that was amazing and just based on that kind of customer service, I will be purchasing one in the future...even if the product is crap..which I know it's totally not. That kind of customer service is unheard of and deserves to be rewarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks