What's new

SVS 25-31cs and Outlaw 1050 (kinda long) (1 Viewer)

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
All,

I've been reading all the rave reviews about the SVS 25-31. With all the overtime I have been working it's time to upgrade the system. I currently have an Outlaw 1050 which I love. I have Klipsch KM-4's, KM-C, KM-2's and a KM-S. It is the KM-S (sub) that, well, I just know. I believe I am missing a lot of detail in the bass if there is such a thing. The 8" driver is nice and it has performed flawlessly but I need more.

I was saving to put a supercharger on my car but the wife says I'll just get a ticket or end up killing myself. Ticket? Possibly. It's something I have always wanted to do. But I am a movie person, my kids love movies and so does the wife. And the subs would be an investment. (I think I am trying to talk myself out of the supercharger.)

Our house is 1400sq. ft. upstairs. 1000sq ft. of it is wide open. There are no walls between the kitchen, dining room and living room. It makes the house feel very large but is an odd configuration. The KM-S seems to only fill a very small portion of a corner of it. No matter where I place the sub it just doesn't fill.

Now the reason of the post. I am at work and have the wife looking over the SVS website. I would like to purchase two 25-31cs's with Samson S700 amp. I just don't know if they will sound good with the Outlaw 1050. And, does the Samson S700 have enough ooomph to make the subs sing?

The reason for two is because eventually we will have a large family room downstairs that borders on a theater room and I want the sound to be as close to theater as possible starting with the subs.

So any and all criticism, remarks, ideas and what-nots are greatly appreciated.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Shawn,

If you are the supercharger kind of guy, twin 25-31CS's and a Samson amp are just your cup of tea.

They will work wonderfully with the Outlaw, guaranteed. And if those subs aren't the most articulate, jaw dropping, gut punch you every strapped to your HT I'll be very suprised.

Two 25-31's with "only" 350 watts each? If the supercharger doesn't kill you, your subs just might. Really, be careful with them. That is some serious stuff. Not hype, just a warning.

Ron

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Ron,
Wow, thanks for the quick response. I talked to the wife an hour ago and she admitted that she didn't like the whole supercharger thing. So if she's all for the subs then so am I.
I'll be hitting you guys up for a pair and the amp in January. Good grief I can't wait! :D

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
'99 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. Everybody goes turbo. I wanted to be different. Plus the whine of an SC is a beautiful sound. On these boxer engines it sounds like an F-16 on takeoff. :D

John Nunet

Auditioning
I have kind of the same problem I want to spend money on the car(mustang) in the summer ,fall comes ,car gets put away and then I start to think about audio stuff. One big circle.

Superchargers work and are cheaper but they "tug" on the crank and only make full boost at redline. turbos make full boost (lots of torque ) at around 3000rpm .

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Shawn,
I have dual 25-31's w/samson s700 and you will be BLOWN away when you get them. Worth every penny:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Superchargers and SVsubwoofers...oh my,
SS_SVS2.jpg

Shawn, if you end up going the SV route...I'd definitely go with the S700,it's very well matched to the CS lineup.
If you get the spinner
estimate the HP increases expected, then go through the entire drivetrain(everything from tranny to well studs!)trying to figure what's going to break first,then second,then third :) It's not that I don't like being blown, but there's always a lot of headaches that go along with it...
TV

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
My wife and I were again talking today and I think I am going to focus on the HT system for now. I have so many hobbies going at once I need to stop and just concentrate on finishing them one at a time.
I'm going to get the subs first since that area is lacking the most. Then a Panny RP91 if I can find one. Next up will be a nice HDTV ready TV. I currently have a 32" JVC but something in the 50" range would be even better. Then finish it up with a 5 channel amp. Maybe Outlaw 750 (B-stock?) or similar.
But I am a bass guy. I love it and have to have it. To hear it is fine. To feel it...well... :D
[edit]
Good lord! I saw a red X when I looked at the thread and made this post. But now I can see the pic!!!!! Saaaaaweeeeet! One day I will have an SC'd vehicle. Wife wants a '69 Chevy C-10 short bed with a big motor. I have no problem with her wanting it. ;)

Todd Schuitema

Auditioning
Tom and Ron,
You may be on to something here! I have a Dodge 4x4 Quad Cab supercharged by a Vortech unit AND just ordered 2 20-39cs's w/ Samson S700!
Maybe you should start putting together the Tim Allen combo...SC's and CS's.
My scheduled shipping day is Tuesday for the Subs. I'll report back as to how they compare to my PF15TL. I am not expecting any real big difference...Just like the Supercharger didn't make a real big difference! HA!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Eric Gan

Agent
Hmmm.....has anyone tried putting an SVS in a car?

I remember driving down to Seattle to pickup my 25-31CS. I had to ditch the box, so I strapped the sub to the rear of my jeep....fits nicely.

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
I have twin turbos, but only a single SVS (20-39PC). I need to play catch up :) Maybe I can win a second one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks