What's new

Survivor: Tocantins (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The editing this season is the best it's been since...I don't know, maybe Amazon 12 seasons ago. Two episodes in and we at least have an idea of who everyone is. Sydney and Joe are a bit dull but not invisible. 16 is definitely the ideal cast size.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

WOW!!! :eek:

I didn't even know she had been in a movie, let alone showed her "assets" in one. Damn shame she got voted off in the 2nd week. I think this season clearly has a bias against large breasted women. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Completely. It's like she was busting at the seams to let that cat out of the bag, too!

Voting off Candace was an injustice that will cloud this season for me till the end. :frowning:

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What I thought was interesting was that Erin also put Candace's name down on her vote. I laughed when Jerry, the Army guy, wrote "Candance" on his vote.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"Candance" cracked me up as well, only because there were a string of understandibly incorrect "Candice"s beforehand. Candance is a whole other level of misspelling.

And BTW, I think I finally got the perfect Separated at Birth for Coach:

[url=https://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/94/htf_imgcache_39115.jpeg] [/url]

(for those who don't recognize him, that's Mystery from the reality show The Pickup Artist -- he's also a deluded douchebag)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

Agreed. I was sort of hoping the women in the tribe would band together and pull off an empowered coup. If Coach was a powerhouse in the challenges, I'd understand their willingness to hold on to him, but from what we've seen, he's no more effective (perhaps even less) then Candace or Sierra.

And at the risk of having to turn in my man card, I thought Candace had a beautiful face, but those fake mammaries were just silly looking.

Carolina's on the other hand..erm, hands... ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm not upset Candace is gone.

She seemed to be very negative and I think that was
what was grating on everyone's nerves.

On the downside, she was a very strong individual whom would
have been an asset in future challenges.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What was interesting was that Tyson voted out Jerry, but his reaction made it seem like he was surprised, but if Coach is smart, he can count who voted for Erinn, and there were only 2 votes against her. They didn't show Brendan's vote at the end during Jerry's final words, so that was weird.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was a unanimous vote against Jerry (including Coach). I don't think anyone was surprised by the vote...at least Jeff Probst didn't do his "Wow, blindside!!!!!!!!!" speech at the end.

I'm loving Tyson though. Jeff Probst is hyping up Coach as one of the most entertaining players ever when Tyson is the real star of this season. I like Stephen, Erinn, and Brendan a lot too--something about that ending-N syllable this season I guess. ;)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I think "denial" now needs a new dictionary entry: Coach denying ego has anything to do with his blind confidence in himself in being the "leader."

I really hope they vote his ass off next time.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What the hell just happened?!

Did the audience get blindsighted?

Nobody was talking about ousting Jerry except Erinn. It looked
like an absolute shoe-in that she would be voted out. That vote
for Jerry was a complete surprise. Was there conversation among
the tribe that was not revealed to the audience?

And Coach....Coach needs to go as soon as possible.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hmmm, Ron. My household was under the clear impression that it was either Jerry or Erinn @ tribal council. There was a lot of talk of Jerry going home because he was feeling so poorly--poorly enough that he didn't perform well in the "big block" challenge and wasn't able to eat much his stomach hurt so.

Coach went on and on about how Erinn made this evil face when she realized it would likely be Jerry going home instead of her...and Erinn said as much during one of her producer interviews. And Tyson went and "assistant coached" Jerry that he needed to act strong so he wouldn't be sent home due to his illness.

Seemed pretty obvious to me (that it was one or the other).

Maybe DirectTV was somehow trying to get even with you and screwing with your signal somehow... :laugh:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I know why I thought there were 2 votes for Erinn, Coach's vote had 4 words on it, and since I've been watching TV on a 27" 4x3 TV set (which is like looking at a 23" 16x9 TV from 9 feet away), I couldn't easily make out Jerry's name on Coach's ballot.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hmmm, well, I guess I just didn't pick up on it.

Was sorry to see Jerry go. He would have gotten better. Quiet guy,
no threat. Would much rather have seen Erinn or Coach go.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Patrick, what's the hold up with replacing your TV? This is three times by my count your tiny CRT has failed you (that's what she said).

I feel like this season is too coach-centric. It seems like the producers and especially Jeff find him fascinating, but I think most people think he's just an annoying,delusional douche. They should be spending more time with Tyson -- he's much more entertaining, and I actually like him, even if he's Anmiated Gotham's Public Enemy #1:

There's too much Timbira in general -- aside from Tyson and maybe Brendan, Sierra is boring and mute and just makes gas faces, Debbie is an eyesore and earsore, Erinn is talks a lot but isn't any more interesting than Sierra, and Jerry was a bump on a log. It really is too bad that Candance left -- she was hilariously dishy in her post vote-off interviews.

One more SAB:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for my insurance claims settlement, and my TV of choice hasn't gone down in price since Super Bowl week (now $300 more than during SB week sales, plus the tight economy is making large purchase decision more difficult than before), so I'm in waiting land.

I like Erinn in that she can't hide her feelings of glee.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Friggin' insurance companies. Are you looking at the Kuro or something more earth priced?

I really want to like Erinn because she the cutest girl left, but she is doing nothing to deserve it. She seems to be sitting around and flapping her gums but getting nothing done. She should be working some sort of alliance, but she's just hanging around waiting to get voted off. At least Debbie has an alliance with Coach.

At this point, the only people playing the game are Brednan and Taj. Coach thinks he is, but he's like some over his head WWI General getting his troops killed with his incompetence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks