What's new

Survivor: Micronesia (Fans vs. Faves) Premieres 2/7/08 (2 Viewers)

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
Cirie is such a pain in the ass, I don't know who came up with the idea of bringing her back as a favorite. She was annoying as hell the first time and she's doing it again!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I loved Cirie the first time but it looks like she's the inevitable All-Star contestant who loses any shred of likability the second time around.

Not even taking the crappy end result into account (Yau-man will be missed--my two favorites had to be the first two boots on the tribe), I just didn't care for this episode at all. The Jonathan/Cirie argument at Tribal Council and Jonathan's trash talk at the IC were fun to watch, but everything else was just so incredibly tedious. I'm so over the hardcore physical challenges. They're fun when they're done every third or fourth season, but having them every season is overkill, especially since the instructions are little more than "Grab some bags and beat the crap out of each other."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You guys are all finally singing my song! :D Couldn't stand her then, can't stand her now. I was stunned that she was on the list of players to come back for an all-stars. :thumbsdown:

It would have been sweet if she had straddled the fence too long and both sides had decided to take her out. James will end up pointing it out to everyone that she was over-bearing in insisting on voting off Yau-man. ;)

Regards the vote: I guess I can understand Eliza flipping and voting for Yau-man. But Ami voting for Cirie?! Hmmm.

Oh. And Kronk not have much to do this episode. :)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I was a Cirie fan in Exile Island, though I wish they had included Terry in the all stars as well. In that season, her gift was to lie low, seem harmless, be the friendly mother-hen and carefully cultivate the votes to eliminate her choices. As I recall, she was never on the wrong side of a tribal council vote that whole season. But she's blown it this season. She has placed herself front and center, and made a pushy jerk of herself. She engineered the ouster of Yau-man but it will cost her the game. Both tribes seem to have lost sight of the importance of the short game (promote tribe strength, eliminate those that don't help win challenges) for the individual game. If Jonathan were smart, he would send his female alliance mate (He can't do it himself because he has a reputation as a schemer) to talk to James and convince him that Cirie played their alliance for chumps to benefit herself ahead of her tribes success.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Man, did he NOT sound just like Kronk when he was scheming with the older members of the tribe to boot off Mikey. It's like he needed to say it out-loud in order to understand it! Hilarious!

Damn, I hope the members of the favorites stick with that idea that Cirie was unreasonable in insisting that Yau-man be voted off...and kick her off first chance they get. Hated her then. Hate her now.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Much better episode than last week but...I despise Kr--I mean, Joel. I can't think of any contestant in all 16 seasons who overthought the game so much so early on.

mylan

Screenwriter
I'm just happy the favorites won the challenge, I was thinking " allright, another week with Pavarti prancing around in that awesome bikini", yep, I'm shallow as hell, come to think of it, thats her last name! Stupid move, Chet even looked like he wanted to go home.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris

He isn't very bright and is easily led. Oh yeah, he scoops ice cream for a living too....

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So let's keep Amanda & Pavarti both around for the obvious reasons and send Cirie packing ASAP! :D

BTW, Ozzie has got to be ranked best Survivor challenge participant of all-time. He's a maniac.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
It would have been great to see Ozzy and Terry go head to head, but Ozzy is so far above the rest of these clowns its not even close. He is a freaking manimal out there.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Any challenge that in any way involves swimming and Ozzy is just unstoppable. He seems to be able to hold his breath forever, and is supper fast when doing normal swimming. Last night, using his acquaman powers, he was also smart enough to move all of the coconuts to the hole, so the rest of his team had to do as little as possible to retrieve them. On top of that, he goes out and finds the idol, and even pulls a Yoa Man and creates a fake one in its place....

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I've only been watching Survivor since Palau but Tom, Terry, and Ozzie are on my short list of Survivor challenge champions. That said, I think Ozzie would best both other men because of his youth. What sets Ozzie even more apart is his innate intelligence when facing the task. Moving all the cocoanuts forward so his teammates could reach them more easily was brilliant. When he competed in his first Survivor, I remember Ozzie confronted with dragging a teammate in a barrel through a roped water course. He just hooked the barrel to his feet and swam-pulled himself through the water by the rope at high speed. I couldn't believe how smart his decisions were.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
MikeyB is smiling big time from this week's episode.

I haven't LOL this hard in a long time until Truck was draging Sack of Potatoes around like a ragdoll in a fit of desperation as time was running out, hitting every obstacle in the way during the pursuit. This is why I still love Survivor after all these years, you just never know when you'll see something truly and hilariously painful.

Cirie definitely upped her voting stock when Ozmanda caved to her "logic". But then again, it's still a good numbers advantage for the faves 4-3, though Cirie will flip on them soon.

I want to wrestle Amanda for dinner.

Curiously enough, Poverty (couldn't believe her new fan teammate called her "Poverty" too) looked kinda hot with the fat lip.

Hope Jonathan doesn't lose a leg over that insane reward challenge. What were the designers of that challenge thinking?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Chet: "I hit my head back there!"

Kronk: "I don't care!"

Chet: "I know."

:laugh:

========================

Entertainment Weekly ran a story a few years ago about how those voted-off are sent to a resort...where they are de-briefed, etc. It was extremely interesting to read about that end of the process and how each week the "losers" would greet their new member.

And that's all I could think of as I was watching Kronk get voted off last night: was how Mikey B and Mary, etc were going to give him a big warm hello when he got dropped off for the remainder of the game. :)

========================

I think most of the HTF membership would still find Pavarti hot if she had her head amputated. :D

But, as much as I must admit I, too, was fascinated by Joel & Chet being tied together in that challenge, I still don't like those overly physical challenges. Even though this one didn't have opposing teammates going directly "at" each other...when the host needs to conduct a mid-game injury report...ya gotta know something's wrong. I'd hate to think Jonathan's gonna have to come out of the game because of that leg injury.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
They didn't show if the medics gave Jonathan any antibiotics. Is that against the rules?

Each series it appears that some of the survivors have never watched the show before. There's always a big, strong, arrogant male who gets voted off early by an alliance of weaker members. The trick is not to let everyone know that you are that person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks