What's new

Survivor: Micronesia (Fans vs. Faves) Premieres 2/7/08 (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I honestly had no idea Penner appeared in two of my all-time favorite sitcoms, Seinfeld and Arrested Development. Guess I need to go back and re-watch the DVDs to see how I missed him.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
$22 is too much. The thing is barely 88 minutes with ending credits. That's why I still have my old aging VHS. It's a great film and if I thought it was going out of print I'd pick it up right away, $22 or no $22. I adore the soundtrack, from KC's "I'm your Boogyman" to the cover version of Carpenter's "Top of the World".

Thanks for the warning about the extended teaser. I'll avoid that one. I'm really worried about Jonathan. But the show will still be fun if he's gone.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
what freaking planet have I been living on that I had no idea Penner was on a Seinfeld episode?

* heads off to watch "the bookstore"*

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yep, and the Arrested Development episode he's in is "Not Without My Daughter" from season 1. It was already one of my top 3 AD episodes, but that just adds to its excellence. You'll recognize him immediately. :)

mylan

Screenwriter
Johnathon is a busy man, I was watching the news and had the tv on when a soap came on (no clue which one) and who's voice did I hear, yep! I had to watch for a bit just to make sure but there he was. I am not sure if he is a major character but it sure seemed that way.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
If you guys thought that CBS promo was bad, avoid the Survivor article in next week's TV Guide. Without so much as a spoiler warning, they not only revealed Jonathan's fate in the game, but gave away a major event in the March 19 episode as well as which tribe wins the reward challenge in the same episode. Unbelievable. :angry:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Crap. So Jon's gone, eh? :frowning:

Well, there's still plenty of players in the game. I'm worried one of the players staying in the background, like Natalie, is going to win this season. Boooring.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Interesting developments re: certain unexpected developments and a long overdue vote. Should be interesting to see were things head.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A question about tonight's vote.

Why did Terry vote for Erich?

Most everyone wanted to vote for Chet (who volunteered to leave because of his boo boo (the irony of Johnathan being required to leave for his health was plain). Terry and Erich figure it would be the perfect opportunity to blindside Ozzy (not a bad plan).

Chet, however, says no. He wants to leave.

So, everyone votes for Chet, except:

Chet: who votes for Erich (he has to vote for somebody--not himself).

and, Terry: who votes for Erich. But, why?

James, again, displays amazing strength during the immunity challenge. Re the other tribe: all I could think was, "Way to go! You voted off Kronk--(your strongest player). Maybe Chet will be able to help you win this challenge!" :D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Mike, you must be still lamenting the fact that it's not a full All-Stars--no Terry this time, it's Tracy. :)

(FWIW--I still would've preferred full All-Stars--most of these fans are incredibly boring)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Tracy said she would never vote for Chet so she voted for Eric instead out of loyalty and because she was too chickenshit to cast a vote for any of the Faves.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
This episode has some fascinating parallels and they really made me furious. You have Jonathan, playing his heart out, with an abcessed knee, forced reluctantly to leave the game in tears. Then you have Chet, just begging to get off the island. I can't stand people who go to the trouble to be vetted for these competitions and then collapse like rusty lawn furniture and want to go home? Jonathan had been given a second chance of a lifetime to compete and you could tell he was all in. How much better to include Terry (fighter pilot) from Exile Island or even a fan that was strong and competitive. How many folks would have killed for the spot Chet just gave away.

I'm going to join the chorus for feeling an entire all-stars competition would beat this format. The fans as a group just can't hold a candle to the strength, and competitiveness of the all-stars.

Ozzie best watch his back. If Cerie is smart she'll pull an alliance switch with the fans in her tribe, pull the other favorite defector with her and take out Ozzie next time they lose. Cerie is running alone and will happily throw her entire tribe under the bus and go to the merge solo if she must. She is one of the most effective people manipulators I've seen, all while seeming sweet and likable.

My vote for player of the episode was James. That man is a bull, carrying the platform and Parvati through the water. Other tribe coulda used Kronk, but Cerie engineered that ouster to her benefit and no one elses. I also appreciated James comments. He recognizes that he's not the best talker or people player (hence his alliance with Jonathan); he also recognizes that in this tribe of women, he has a target on his back. His only way to survive long term is keep winning for his tribe and later for himself.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My wife kept wondering why we didn't see Jeff Probst rip Chet apart at tribal like he has done with the other survivors who have asked out of the game. Probst has, historically, shown no patience or tolerance for anyone who wants out.

My guess is it happened...but to simply keep the suspense for the reveal of the vote (Chet or Ozzy), the editors didn't let us see it. Whaddya think?

==============

Oooops! Thanks for the correction on Tracy/Terry!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

And don't forget his powerfully dangerous medical condition! :D

I hope he didn't face amputation. :laugh:

I love the way they made it look like right after Chet announces to the group "Well, I think I've got to go home."...Ozzy runs over to him, gives him a hug, and says "that's too bad!" :D

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but there was something about a little smirk that flashed across Tracy's face after they lost that led me to believe she threw the challenge so she could get back the numbers. It's possible they edited out the part where they wanted to lift the thing, but she declined (they did try to do that with Amy after all).

The whole fake HII was absolutely hysterical. I loved when they did a close up on the hastily carved face. My wife and I cracked up over it.

I don't think there is any way a group of inexperienced fans could rise above a group of tested and experienced favorites. Throwing in Kathy and Chet imbalanced the game even further.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just hope Jason didn't get any splinters from the faux HII after he stuck it inside his pants.

I was even digging's Amanda's Axel Rose look.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks