What's new

Surround sound setup - need help (1 Viewer)

Marcus D

Agent
I have 5 built in wall speakers(3 front, 2 back) with DTV, Vizio 42" Plasma and a Panasonic stereo receiver. The jacks for the front and back speakers are also in the wall. My problem is I tried some bare speaker wire on the center speaker to put into the banana plug connections. I am running the wire from my receiver center surround speaker to the plug connections and I didn't get any sound from that speaker. I played a Blu Ray DVD and got no sound from the speaker. What am I doing wrong no? Do they go into the Vizio, stereo receiver or the DTV receiver? Any ideas? thanks in advance.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You'll need to clarify a bit. Telling us what the receiver model is will help.

First, a stereo receiver has no surround. Just left and right. Also, the front center is not the surround center. You connect the center (not the center surround) channel to the front center.

Beyond that, there is no way to provide much more info without more from you. Model numbers of equipment to start.

Marcus D

Agent
The receiver I have is a Sony STR-D6520 5.1 Dolby DTS.

As for the speakers, I have a left, center, right and two rear(surround) speakers.. On the back of the receiver there are ports for Left, Right, Center, and the 2 surround speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks