What's new

Surround sound compatible with HTIB? (1 Viewer)

ChrisWG

Agent
Real Name
Chris Weeg
Hello all,

I have an onkyo hts570 and a Sylvania LCD TV. I'm looking at the back of the Sylvania and can't tell if my receiver can hook up to it. Here are the specifications of the TV:

http://www.sylvaniaconsumerelectroni...e/6620LF4.html

I'm not sure if that will tell you if it'll work or not.

If it's not compatible, is there any converter or adapter I could use to plug into the headphone jack on the TV or somethin? Thanks in advance!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
What connection are you concerned about? In general you don't want to connect audio to your TV. (Sometime people want to use the TV speakers as a center channel; but I didn't get that from your question.) And the TV has all three standard video inputs, component, S-video, and composite; so you're probably good there. (I say probably because I couldn't find a manual for this receiver.)

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
You can use a stereo Mini-jack to stereo RCA. RadioShack has them for under ten dollars. It is just a cable with Red and White RCA jacks at one end and a headphone jack at the other. Note the television volume control will effect the output of the headphone jack and TV speakers will likely shut off while the headphone jack is being used.

Seth=L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks