What's new

Anybody know what Android Box is compatible with Denon AVR-X550BT receiver ? (1 Viewer)

Herman_tj

Auditioning
Real Name
Herman
Hello....
I'm doing my first setup for my small home theater. I use Projector Epson EB-W06, AV Receiver Denon AVR-X550BT, and Denon 5.1 speakers.
Then I want to be able to watch netflix, youtube, etc. Basically like android tv but with a projector.
Do you know what Android TV Box that compatible with Denon AVR-X550BT ?
Because I already bought a Xiaomi Stick TV, but turns out it's not compatible with Denon AVR-X550BT.

When I plugged it to Denon, it only lights up for a moment, then dies. I restarted it, and the result was the same.

Maybe you know any solution to my problem?
My goal is can watch netflix, youtube, other movie app from google play, with projector, and surround sound.

Thanks in advance.

Herman

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What does compatible mean? Any streaming box that supports HDMI should work.

If a device doesn't work, something's broken in it or the AVR.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Wondering if the problem is this xiaomi device is powered from the HDMI port or a USB port? If so you should check if your AVR supports power over HDMI. If not, then use an AC adapter or buy a device like the Shield that uses an external AC plug.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It really should work. Most Roku devices are bus powered as well, and they work. Be sure to plug it into an input, not the monitor output.

Herman_tj

Auditioning
Real Name
Herman
What does compatible mean? Any streaming box that supports HDMI should work.

If a device doesn't work, something's broken in it or the AVR.
Doesn't compatible means the android tv shows only for a few seconds, and then the screen blank.

Herman_tj

Auditioning
Real Name
Herman
Wondering if the problem is this xiaomi device is powered from the HDMI port or a USB port? If so you should check if your AVR supports power over HDMI. If not, then use an AC adapter or buy a device like the Shield that uses an external AC plug.
Xiaomi stick tv has two output : hdmi & usb

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Xiaomi stick tv has two output : hdmi & usb
That USB is probably a power port, not an output.

Make sure the stick is actually getting power. I’m guessing it’s trying to draw power from the HDMI port but can only get enough initial power to start and then is turned off.

Herman_tj

Auditioning
Real Name
Herman
That USB is probably a power port, not an output.

Make sure the stick is actually getting power. I’m guessing it’s trying to draw power from the HDMI port but can only get enough initial power to start and then is turned off.
Yes, I think u r right. I've tried to plug the USB from electricity socket on my wall. The screen could show a little bit longer, but then the screen blank again, repeatedly like that 😅

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Chromecast with Google TV should work if you want to stay within the Android/Google system. Or just about any current model Roku or FireStick streaming device, but those no longer have Google Play Movies apps.

The issue you are describing almost sounds like a handshake issue rather than a power one, at least to me. Have you tried a different HDMI input on the receiver?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks