What's new

Super Speedway: The Mach II SE (1 Viewer)

Oswald Pascual

Second Unit
Real Name
No Name
DITTO!!!
------------------
My Home Theater
sign.jpg

My DVD Collection Home Theater Pics
Ozzie

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
I popped this in last night, and it's probably the best image quality I've seen on my set. (56H80 16X9 w/ Toshiba SD6200 DVD) Some jaggies and specks that were on the original are gone! The new anamorphic transfer is top notch. Good job by the folks at Image.
-M

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
OK Mike, here is the question everyone wants an answer to.....
How does the DTS track comparte to the DD track.
-Dean-
patriot.gif

------------------
My HT Equipment
"I've seen you and you are not cool."

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I watched this last night and I didn't thnk it was possible but the DTS track sounded better on my system. The sound is more controlled and movement between speakers was improved with the DTS version. The new Widescreen version is incredible as well.
I have both versions and the difference is huge.
------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
You'll have to rely on the audio critique above, which I'm sure is accurate. My dedicated room is in the finishing stages, so at the moment I have no elaborate audio set-up. Carpet goes in Saturday, so next week I'll be up and running. The 16X9 video as I said is tremendous.

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
Once and for all, this has a cropped 16:9 image, right?
Did they put the 4:3 version on as well, or are they forcing me to decide between DTS and OAR?
(Or did they figure out some way to add data that didn't exist on the origional frame? :) )

david cro

Agent
I don't have DTS and was wondering how the Dolby Digital track sounded. I am worried that the bit rare on the DD5.1 ch may have been compromised to accommodate DTS, I don't want to get the new version and find that I'm losing out sound wise.

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
AnthonyL, I think it's scheduled for release in Canada on Sept. 25th (a week after the US).

Dave Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched my copy, and I can answer some of the questions above.
The disc has both the 4:3 original version and the 16:9 "hi-def" version (their words not mine!).
Michael, I have no way of screen capturing, but the scene you link to is just cropped on the top to create the 16:9 picture. You lose most of the roll bar. I was disappointed to see that, I'd hoped they would have had more information on the sides and kept the vertical framing but, at least in this case, that's not what happened.
I listened to the DTS track and it's AWESOME. Haven't heard the DD yet.
------------------
Dave Smith
http://home.austin.rr.com/beowulf99
[Edited last by Dave Smith on September 20, 2001 at 10:27 PM]

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
NUTS! I knew I should have waited... I just bought the DD version a few weeks back after reading that the dts disc would be widescreen.
(walks away smacking forehead)
Ahh well... The AC3 track is just as awesome now as it ever was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks