What's new

Super Mario Sun Release (1 Viewer)

James Slade

Second Unit
I put a deposit on this game at EB, in Toronto Ontario. Nintendo site says the release date is 26th, EB signs say 27th, EB guy tells me to come pick it up on the 28th. So how does this release date crap work? Should I be able to pick it up on the 27 or is the 28 the best date I can hope for?

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Nintendo's date is when they ship the games to vendors. EB's release date is a good estimate of when they expect to have the games ready to sell or ship to online customers.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
James, I dunno how it works for you guys in Ontario, being closer to the heart of things, but I can tell you now that here in Nova Scotia we won't get the new titles until two days after release, guaranteed.

I picked up both Res Evil and Eternal Darkness immediately once they were released and neither arrived at any of the local stores until two days after.

Mind you, in this instance I took advantage of Future Shop's 'Get Luigi's Mansion Free' offer and ordered Mario Sunshine online, so I don't expect to get it until Friday or Monday...

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
James, we get game here a day or two late. It can be frustrating when you're reading people's impressions of the game and you have to wait. Price wise, you're better off at Future Shop. EB gets stuff a day or two early but they charge about $10 more for it. Otherwise you have to price match with them.

BTW you should have mentioned you wanted the game badly, you could have tried it at my house as I have the import.

James Slade

Second Unit
Elliot,

I have read that you had the import, I only got a GameCube about a week ago I guess. I can wait, Pikmin is keeping me going right now.

I had no idea Future Shop was cheaper. But EB has the trade in deal, it is so easy to trade there and if you trade new games they give you decent money. I suppose you could buy at future shop the trade in for credit at EB and keep saving up the credit to buy hardware or a couple of games or something. I am hoping the SMS is going to be the first GameCube game that I will hold onto for years!! I still have the original Mario for NES!! Currently I have Pikmin, Rogue II and Super Monkey Ball. All will be sold or traded in the near future.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
EB does give good money on trade-ins but I have found that it's relative to their prices. If you trade in at a mom and pop store you will get less but the game is also less. If you want to make the most on games then sell on ebay. I sold Eternal Darkness for $61 CND last week. That's about $20 less than what I paid with tax.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks