What's new

Super Mario Bros. DVD? (1 Viewer)

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I know, dodgy film, but I really want this, as it was the film I watched over and over and over again, when I was young!

Anyone else want it? Any news on a DVD release? Thanks,

BEN

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Count me in! This is one of those films that if I see it on TV... I MUST WATCH IT :D
By the way... any idea on the theatrical aspect ratio?

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I'd actually get this...it's a surprisingly good movie.
Seeing Dennis Hopper doing Frank Booth for Koopa and Bob Hoskins as Mario adds to the movie. Sure, it's based on a video game, but it's still better than an all-out popcorn movie like ID4.
It could have been like Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat. :D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Also check out the X-rated parody "Super Hornio Brothers", starring Ron Jeremy as the Mario character!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'd say my fellow Memphian is the culprit for reviving this thread! ;)
I, too, would buy this item. In the meantime, maybe this can tide you all over! :laugh:

Beau

Supporting Actor
I remember when I was like 10 years old or something, during that summer, I watched this movie just about EVERY SINGLE DAY! SERIOUSLY! I LOVE this movie. I'll be hoping for a DVD. I still have my old VHS I got used at a video rental store I wore out watching it so much. NEED THE DVD!

Lafe F

Second Unit
I've got it on barebones Region 0 Hong Kong pan & scan DVD (legitimate, so don't argue) -- and hope to one day have it in widescreen with tons of extras.
I made my a nice cover for it. Wanna see?
Small-Mario-Bros-DVD-Custom.jpg

For those of you who Sprechen Sie Deutsches, there's also a German Region 2 widescreen disc out; no English audio tracks unfortunately.
So... I hope Hollywood Pictures or whoever comes out with a decent Super Mario Brothers disc soon.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[c]THIS AIN'T NO GAME![/c]
You want it? You got it!
Release date: 6/3/03...SRP: $9.99 :eek:
Nothin' else in the way of info. Wanna bet as to whether this will be another Buena Vista OAR violator?

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
YYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Finally on DVD!. Im so happy, now i gotta wait till june...

l8rz,

Deepak Jr.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Hee. Totally buying this. I remember bugging my parents to go see this whenwe were on vacation, and they decided on Dave instead. Probably a better choice. I love Dave. Mario... I like because it's cheesy and nothing like the game, which makes it even cheesier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks