What's new

The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World (1 Viewer)

Jonny Modlin

Agent
Real Name
Jonathan
I heard the good news that The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! Volume One and Volume Two sold very well on DVD. The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3: The Complete Series will be released on DVD on June 5, 2007. What kind of special features will be in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and also will there be all the episodes? Will Super Mario World be released alone in one set or Captain N and The New Super Mario World on DVD if The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 sells well on DVD? Thank you.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
As I noted in the Captain N thread, Brian Ward from Shout Factory has said a few things indicating Super Mario World is unlikely to be released. First, they absolutely must package the thirteen New Super Mario World episodes with the seven remaining Captain N episodes. They are a package deal and can't be split up. Second, apparently they can't get the rights to release SMW and the problem involves Yoshi. Brian was unsure of the exact reason, but it seems that DiC currently can't use the Yoshi character at all and can't get Nintendo of America or Nintendo Co Ltd (I'm not sure which one) to permit a release.

In short, we'll see Captain N and the New Super Mario World as a single combined set if and only if Nintendo allows it, which seems unlikely at this point.

Jonny Modlin

Agent
Real Name
Jonathan
Thank you for the nice response about The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. How will we get Super Mario World with 13 episodes to be released on DVD?

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
There are two ways to try to get SMW on DVD: 1) Buy the upcoming SMB3 set and 2) Send letters/emails to DiC/Shout to let them know we want Captain N and the New Super Mario World.

If you really want the series, there were three DVDs released in Australia that collect all twenty 11-minute episodes of the show. You'll, of course, need a region free and PAL to NTSC converting DVD player to watch them (or a region free program for your computer).

Jonny Modlin

Agent
Real Name
Jonathan
What is the email address for Shout Factory and DIC? I wrote an email to [email protected] and told them I want Captain N and The New Super Mario World to be released on DVD that I want to get to complete my Super Mario cartoon trilogy.. Thank you.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
Why is Yoshi such a stumbling block? Surely, Mario and Luigi are bigger names, and the first sets were released of the Super Show.

Jonny Modlin

Agent
Real Name
Jonathan
Do you think that Nintendo of America is sorting out with Super Mario World with all 13 episodes to be released on DVD? If The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 sells well on DVD, then will Super Mario World be released on DVD? Thank you.
Please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks