What's new

Super Bowl DVD reviews...seen any yet? (1 Viewer)

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
Saw the Pats dvd finally out at Best Buy for $17, anyone have or seen any reviews of it on the Net yet? There is a very short one in today's USA Today (3 stars out of 4) but I would like something a little more in-depth...thanks!

-Matt

Tim L

Second Unit
The dvd is pretty good- it highlites the entire season game by game-including the superbowl- you get to see the sideline banter by the players which you usually don't see in a regular game. Picture quality is good- I don't believe its enhanced for widescreen and the audio is dolby surround only but still its okay. If your a fan go for it- its a good litle keepsake to have. It aslo shows the U2 halftime show along with some other bonus stuff which I can't remember at the moment

Tim

wally

Second Unit
Does this disc offer an alternate ending with the Rams winning? Until then, no sale!:D

Steve Owen

Second Unit
Yea, it's good (of course). :)
NFL Films does a really nice job with stuff like this. Different camera angles than you see on TV and I think they actually film it on... film (not video tape). The naration is good, as is the sideline banter. I loved all the Rams players jumping around before the game yelling "Today we become a DYNASTY baby!!!!. Snarf.
-Steve

wally

Second Unit
Now That was funny !
Not too funny, they were only a few seconds from over time and the offense had the MO :frowning:
I knew there was going to be trouble when the night before the game they had video on the 10:00 news of the new blue/gold Dodge Ram trucks being washed for the victory parade. I turned to my wife and said, "They just lost the game". Oh well, next time :)
Go Cards, Blues!

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
This is an abbreviated NFL Films version, and not the full game, right?

-Dave

Steve Owen

Second Unit
It's actually the whole season, not just the game (I still have the whole game sitting on my TiVo :) ) The DVD about 60 minutes long (not including the special features). I'd say the pre-season and regular season games took up about 35 minutes, about 10-15 minutes for the two playoff games and 15-20 minutes for the Superbowl (just a guess based on my recollection).
OH, one thing that I forgot to mention... they committed the ultimate DVD sin. There's stuff at the beginning (an ad I think, as well as a NFL thing) that can't be skipped passed.
-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks