What's new

Super Bowl Commericals: What Did You Think? (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I started watching the Super Bowl, not for the game, but to check out the commercials. The game got so damn good (I love rooting for an underdog!) that I got angry when the commercials came on! And they SUCKED anyway! The only one that I enjoyed was the "musical chimp" spot. What did you all think of this year's crop of SB ads? :thumbsdown:

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I liked several of the ads. The Barry Bonds/Hank Aaron one was very good! Loved that one.

I thought the old-meeting-new Pepsi ad with Britney was pretty good too.

My question is .... Will we ever see ANY of these clever commercials ever again??!!

How can they afford to produce these obviously extremely expensive commercials, and have them appear just ONE time, at the S. Bowl?? Curious, eh?? .....

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
There WERE Superbowl ads?!
I thought the only thing Fox did was promote Nascar and all their "top" shows.
Which is why I HATE watchinig sports on TV.
I did like the Men In Black II ad but then when they used again to promote Malcolm In The Middle, well that went too far.
I'm sorry but every sports presentation on Fox seems to have more ads for shows on Fox then they do for products.
Think I'm kidding?
If you taped it check it out, every commercial break...its an ad for a Fox show first or for Nascar on Fox.
They even added a Nascar on Fox promotion DURING the game.
Sorry to vent but its the truth. Fox did this with the World Series too.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Rutger: That was Sony's doing (regarding the MITM ad), as far as I know, not Fox. I thought it was pretty clever myself. My favorite ad was the Bud Light "Naked Guy" ad.

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit
I personally loved the Bud Light commercial with the Falcon that brought the guy the beers.
"Where does he get these from?"
"I'm not sure..."
[elsewhere, chaos ensues] :)

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
I wasn't paying close attention, but I enjoyed the (short) M&Ms commercial.

"Can I watch TV?"

I did like the Men In Black II ad but then when they used again to promote Malcolm In The Middle, well that went too far.
What about the Doritos 3Ds product placement during Malcolm? That was so blatant it was funny.

RandyRush

Stunt Coordinator
imho, the very best commercial was the Budweiser clydsdales going to Manhatten and bowing! very moving and so appropriate!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed:

The Budweiser "Respect" to NY ad with the Clydesdales.

The mlife.com "Belly Button" ad

The "How much" take-off of Cyrano de Bergerac with the fat black comedian ad

The Bottlebots ad

I didn't enjoy:

The Etrade monkey ads

The Quiznos ad

The Subway ad (with Jared being a butthole parrot)

All of the other mlife ads.

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
Liked the Clydesdales salute and the portion of the long-winded Pepsi ad with Britney Spears which had her decked out as Robert Palmer. Loved the bud Lite Falcon ad (cracked up!) and the one where the dude goes flying out of the window after sliding off his wife's satin sheets. Funny as hell.
Overall though, the ads weren't all that special this year but the game kicked ass and won me some cash.;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I loved the Cedric Bud commercial. Where the guy asks the girl "How much?". That was hillarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks