What's new

I think I am done with Sony. (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
I just had my eyes checked by an ophthalmologist to get the best from my 4K OLED TV. I had been having trouble focusing on subtitles, mainly in the evening. One eye needed slight correction. With my new glasses I've been trying 4K streamed from Prime and I'm not impressed so far. I refuse to buy a 4K player as it'll send me into another disc buying cycle. Instead I'm buying Blu-rays of classic titles before they disappear. I'm happy with my replacement S6700, so far it's performed well.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Amazon streaming ain't a good way to tell if 4K (or even streaming itself) is worth it... but regardless, yeah, don't expect to see much notable increase in (apparent) rez on anything less than front projection (even w/ 4K-worthy material) unless you sit really close to the display. Otherwise, it's the HDR that might impress, but not all 4K content will boast impressive HDR either -- and again, Amazon streaming isn't the way to go if you're actually looking to be impressed at all...

Not trying to convince anyone to go 4K though...

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks