What's new

SUNSHINE on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
Bought this title yesterday. Of 40 Blu-ray titles I own so far, this is the only one that takes a LOOOONG time to load (over 2 minutes). I have a Panasonic DMP-BD10A player updated w/ the latest firmware. Has anyone else experienced this with SUNSHINE?

Raul

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
It takes a long time to load because it's a Java title. Any non profile 1.1 player will struggle with these discs. It's sad but true.

On my PS3 it loads quite snappy. The movie is a mixed bag but I loved it. The audio and visual quality is first rate.

The Pip Extras which I can take advantage of are great as well.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
At least it loads on the Panasonic. 2 minutes is a lot shorter than infinity :) on my Samsung BD-P1000. :frowning:

- Walter.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My Samsung BD-P1000 will not even spin Sunshine. I have a movie night tonight and thanks to Sam I'll have to watch the SD-DVD. I'm not going to hold my breath but maybe Sam's not behind the ball this time and there's a firmware on their site I can go download for this.

I'm done with Samsung, it's time for a new Blu-ray player. I'm so tired of buying BD discs and wondering if I'll be able to watch'em.

I also spun 3:10 to Yuma which I got to play but not without having to eject the disc as it would not spin the first time around.

PeterMano

Stunt Coordinator
I bought Sunshine and rented Yuma, no problems with either in terms of loading or playback on my ps3.

The only problem I had with the ps3 was very early on, with playback that hitched on certain titles. A firmware update fixed that and nothing since then.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Sunshine took a bit to load on my SonyDBPS300. About the same amount of time as Yuma.

Not as long as Ratatouille.

No problems at all after it started.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Yep, it's time to stick an M-80 in my BD-P1000 and upgrade to another player. The Panny's seem to get much better reviews and very little issues with disc problems. Time to go shopping.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Anyone shopping for a new BD player may want to wait and get the Panny BD50 which will not only be profile 1.1, but full BD-Live 2.0 (web) as well.

The PS3 is also another great option which is already 1.1 and will be upgraded to 2.0 soon.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
It will be interesting to see how long the load times on these Profile 1.1 titles are on my Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1. The good news is that Pioneer is committed to ringing every last bit of performance out of their units, which will hopefully be enough to tide me over until a Profile 2.0 player debuts from them.

For those of you who opted for Samsung, particularly the BD-P1000, you have my condolences. Not to put too fine a point on it, and at the risk of offending some of their owners, it has been my experience that most Samsung products are generally inferior. To make matters worse, it would appear that they simply don't have much concern for their BD-P1000 owners either.

This is a bit off-topic, so I apologize, but David is it known at this time whether or not the BD50 will be able to decode all the advanced audio codecs internally?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I'm certainly considering the Panasonic DMP-BD50K since I do not have HDMI audio capabilities at the current time; which is my biggest issue with the PS3.

Re: The BD-P1000 - I'm still fairly happy with the player's performance and I blame Fox much more than Samsung for these issues. (Every other studio's discs have played just fine on the 1000; some load slow, but they still play.)

- Walter.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Shane. I really haven't been keeping up with the hardware announcements this year.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I´m also interested..

Btw. UK (based on the subtitles, also Scandinavia/Spain/German at least)-release is missing all the HD exclusive extras (just a warning):
-"A Brilliant Vision" picture in picture enhanced viewing mode
-"Journey Into Sound: Surround Sound Enhancement" feature
-4 Additional Deleted Scenes

This was confirmed to us via our forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks