What's new

suggestions on new dvd player (1 Viewer)

nysulli

Auditioning
i've been looking around for a new dvd player to replace my 3 year old sony that just doesn't cut it, so far i've looked at the nad t514 adn t533 and was impressed with their audio quality but their video quality just didn't impress me, as well as being concerned about the build quality, looked at the denons, but haven't had the chance to demo one yet, and also demo'd the pioneer elite dv-45a and was pretty impressed with it overall, but then i've read all the concerns with macroblocking and poor BM on dvda and sacd, i'd also like to demo the yam s1500 as well but just haven't gotten around to it yet

my system comprises of a sherwood newcastle r-956 reciever, psb image 6t fronts with matching image series center and surrounds but no sub, along with a an old 32" sony triniton(pre wega), dvi isn't that important to me since i won't have a new tv for nearly 2 years anyways (being poor and in school sucks) and while dvda and sacd aren't something i'm into yet, i'd like to have it, but stick around the 300-500 price range

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just curious, but, given your non-high def display, how is it that your three-year-old Sony just "doesn't cut it" any longer?

nysulli

Auditioning
mostly on the audio side of things, i've got both a 5 disc sony cd and dvd player, neither of which sound to great, so its more for the improved audio rather then video, but on top of that i don't want to get a player that has poor video quality

let me expand on this, i've noticed that i have some backround noise in my system as well, i've had some people look at it with me and after trying everything we could think of we've reduced the noise, however there is still some backround noise, the noise level varies from source to source, but with a better dvd player we were able to all but eliminate the noise, while the noise remained on the same cables on the same inputs on my reciever with the 2 sony transports, simply put they need to be replaced to make the most of my current audio setup

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks