What's new

Suggestions on my new TV... (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I have been itching to buy a new television...I currently have a 32 inch Toshiba, nothing fancy, not widescreen or anything, but want a new, larger TV soon.

I have been hearing all of the High Definition conversion talk lately, meaning all signals will be digital by 2006 or something like that, and I really want a Tv that is ready for this upgrade and will last a long time.

I am looking at 42 inch widescreen TV's, and there is one I like that is more of a projection TV, and I trust Toshiba greatly, and this price range is around $1,300...

I guess my questions are, what features do I need in a TV that will take advantage of the new digital conversion, and what TV's available now do you recommend?? Like I said, I am looking at TV's in the $1,300-2,500 range. I want the best picture possible, but know I cannot afford a LCD or plasma, so is projection the way to go?? Do projection TV's have the features I want, or are these strictly on LCD and Plasma TV's??...Please help, and I appreciate any information you can give me.

John S

Senior HTF Member
CRT projection, is still great technology, just the most bulky of them all.

The features you may want:
DVI connection
2 True HD Component Video Inputs
Progressive Scan
The ability to display 480p, 720p, and 1080i....

With that said, it of course can be a trade off, on Picture Quality, Picture Size, Picture format, Inputs, and supported resolutions.

I just went with a set, that does not have DVI, does not support 720p, and only has one Component HD input.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks