What's new

Subwoofer Settings for Night Viewing (1 Viewer)

GregBe

Second Unit
I am sure some of you have had this problem. Just purchased my first sub. Most times, I want to play DVD's at intended levels. I have 2 small children, and at night when they are sleeping, my wife and I like to watch movies without waking them.

During these times
-Do you set your sub optimally, and adjust the base down on your receiver at night.
-Do you remember the settings on the sub and readjust them each time.
-Does the Dolby Digital compression feature acutally work, and if so, does it work with DTS

Thanks

Kevinkall

Second Unit
Since I work 2nd shift I also usually watch movies pretty late. I also live in an apartment, so bass is always an issue. Sometimes I lower the level of the sub or turn it off all together(depends on the movie).

Does the Dolby Digital compression feature acutally work, and if so, does it work with DTS
I guessing that you are talking about the Midnight Modes. On my receiver the Midnight Mode(s) only works with Dolby Digital signals and not DTS. I'm sure that there are receivers out that have an option like this for DTS, but mine doesn't. I find that using this mode helps a little, but I still have to adjust the sub.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Since I work the graveyard and watch movies at various wierd hours I have found the perfect solution to saving my marriage. Aura Pro Bass Shakers. I simply turn the Velodyne Subwoofer off and just use the tactile transducers to do all the work. I get the near effect of a reference volume subwoofer, with out the reference volume. A single 50w Aura Pro can be had new for $25.00...and a used amp or receiver can be used to power it. The ideal answer at an ideal price! Trust me on this one!:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks