Subwoofer Settings for Night Viewing

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by GregBe, Jul 11, 2003.

1. GregBe

GregBe Second Unit

I am sure some of you have had this problem. Just purchased my first sub. Most times, I want to play DVD's at intended levels. I have 2 small children, and at night when they are sleeping, my wife and I like to watch movies without waking them.

During these times
    -Do you set your sub optimally, and adjust the base down on your receiver at night.
    -Do you remember the settings on the sub and readjust them each time.
    -Does the Dolby Digital compression feature acutally work, and if so, does it work with DTS

Thanks

2. Kevinkall

Kevinkall Second Unit

Since I work 2nd shift I also usually watch movies pretty late. I also live in an apartment, so bass is always an issue. Sometimes I lower the level of the sub or turn it off all together(depends on the movie).

3. GregBe

GregBe Second Unit

Thanks Kevin

4. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

Since I work the graveyard and watch movies at various wierd hours I have found the perfect solution to saving my marriage. Aura Pro Bass Shakers. I simply turn the Velodyne Subwoofer off and just use the tactile transducers to do all the work. I get the near effect of a reference volume subwoofer, with out the reference volume. A single 50w Aura Pro can be had new for $25.00...and a used amp or receiver can be used to power it. The ideal answer at an ideal price! Trust me on this one![​IMG]