What's new

Subwoofer placement (1 Viewer)

Stelios

Stunt Coordinator
Hi
Is it OK to place the subwoofer behind you? The only place that I can place it is behind the couch on the left side. I know that the low frequency sounds are non directional, but somebody’s actual sound experience would be appreciated.

Stelios

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
You should really move it around the room, return to the seating areas and check out which place gives you the best and most equal sound or LFE if you will. This is not an easy task with a sub like and SVS PB2 as they are so big and heavy but well worth a try. I found that a two food move toward the corner from where my dual NHT's were make a huge difference. Not just a difference either but a huge room moving experience. There is nothing wrong with putting it behind the couch either. If it works there why not. Out of sight out of mind so to speak. Just remember that room placement is one of the most important parts of setting up a sub and for some reason this was not told to us early adopters of subs many moons ago.

Tim Ranger

Stunt Coordinator
If that is the only place you can go I'd say try it and find out. For critical music listening I doubt you'll get a totally transparent transition. For HT you can probably make it work fine. The lower the crossover point and the faster the rate of cutoff on the sub, the better off you'll be. At 80Hz with a 24db cutoff I think it will work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks