What's new

Subwoofer Hookup Question (1 Viewer)

Robbie_L

Auditioning
My JBL Subwoofer has both an LFE input and normal RCA input. My question, which input would be more benefical to hook up? Also, if I am to use the LFE input should I be using a normal analog RCA cable or digital coax?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I can answer the cable question...any RCA audio cable will be fine. No need for anything special, although a 75 ohm video coax will also be fine, if you have one.

I don't have your sub, so I can only guess what the seperate inputs achieve. Its possible that the LFE has no crossover applied, while the other input does, but I will let someone that his this confirm their functions.

BGL

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, usually LFE would refer to specifically the Low Frequency Effects of a soundtrack. In other words, not bass in general but the lowest of the bass frequencies, like 40 Hz and under. My guess is you would be connecting to LFE if you have true, full range speakers all around (e.g. towers) that can handle the normal range of bass frequencies.

StephenL

Second Unit
LFE bypasses the crossover on some JBL subwoofers. Generally, you should use LFE if you use your receiver's crossover for bass management. Check the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks