What's new

Subwoofer connection to reciever question? (1 Viewer)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Ok guys, here is what I am trying to do. I have split my subwoofer connection off from my reciever to make two channels basically of the same material, (Y Adapter) and have it going into the Left and Right channels of my EQ.

I have one of the channels hooked up to my Polk Audio subwoofer, and the other channel going into my other reciever's left channel to provide power for my Bose Acoustimass module, but there isn't enough power to give good bass unless I have both channels. Without using another Y Adapter how else would I be able to make a connection? I was thinking of chopping off part of an audio plug (the red and white ones) and then putting a small portion of the bare wire, putting it in the Left audio channel plug, then hooking the atually RCA part into the right channel.

It sounds kind of confusing, but I am trying to figure out how to do this using only what I have. I appreciate any replies. Thank you.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
actually I hooked it up tonight with only one channel and it sounded like garbage. Vocals came through way to strong on it and it didn't really go below 70Hz... So well, for shits and giggles... I threw it off my second floor and watched it break on the sidewalk below. Use the crappy paper drivers for something else... make a DIY speaker out of 'em or something...

I can't believe they actually charged around $600 for these things, probably built for less than $50.

Oh yeah and when it landed, it made some nice bass material around 30Hz... best thing this Bose product ever did... next to take the fall will be the cubes... might be able to get them down to about 100Hz. Wish me luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks