What's new

subwoofer between floor joists (1 Viewer)

NeerajC

Agent
As a total newbie to this hobby, i was wondering if it would be effective to mount a sub between the floor joists? Would this help/hinder the performance?

Please no flames, i'm just starting my research :)

ChrisBee

Stunt Coordinator
6th order series coupled cavity bandpass subs lend themselves ideally to your "invisibility" quest.
A single port, usually 3"-4" diameter, exits an otherwise completely sealed box with no drive unit cone visible. You'd always build a proper box to hide between the floor joists as you can't seal such a space adequately to form the sub enclosure itself. Poke the exit port up through the floor to bring it flush and you have the perfect WAF sub.

ChrisBee

Andy Goldstein

Stunt Coordinator
i'm running 2 subs: a "normal" one, in a ported box in the HT room (15" audiosource) to move the air around, and a philips 12 incher in an 8-foot long sealed box built into the floor joists. i am not allowed to cut holes in the hardwood floor, so it acts as a bass shaker, vibrating the whole floor. nice effect! :)

ag.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks