What's new

Sub for $2k budget (1 Viewer)

Michael Ipp

Stunt Coordinator
Currently I have a M&K 350THX and a SVS Ultra w/ Sampson 1000 amp.

I replaced the SVS with the M&K, less boomy, but don't think it rocks the house.

So looking to sell bothand moving up a notch. Last time I looked the Earthquake CineNova was highly regarded and in that price range. How are the new SVS's? I think they might be a bit out of the price range though.

Any other thoughts? TIA

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
check out the B4+ from SVS
Hmm..$2k budget...

Denali with 1000 watt plate amp ($1900 plus shipping [$2050-2100])

or

B4 Plus without an amp($2499).

Ok, class...which one does not belong?

Kyle is a stand up guy that will do you right. He'll be a pleasure to deal with and you'll get one hell of a sub that is within your budget.

You also have the option of contacting Brian Bunge at Link Removed and have him build you a custom sub to your liking.

Michael Ipp

Stunt Coordinator
The B4 is pretty damn expensive.

The other option would be (2) P2B's. I really like SVS and dealing with them. Loyalty is important to me but so is good bass.

Does anyone know how the Denali compares to the P2B or two of them?

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Does anyone know how the Denali compares to the P2B or two of them?
Since both subs have just come on the market no one will be able to give you a direct comparison. Therefore everything here is bench racing...

A single Denali vs a single PB2 would not be much of a contest...the Denali should be THAT good. That said, two PB2's should be about even to if not a little better than the Denali. But then you're also spending $300-400 more and taking up 15 cubic feet of living space as opposed to just 8 with the Denali. Is that worth it to get an extra db or 3? To some yes, others no.

Both should sound very good. Good articulate bass, low distortion. I would want to give the edge to the Tumult driver in that department though, with it's patented XBL2 motor technology.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Hmm..$2k budget...

Denali with 1000 watt plate amp ($1900 plus shipping [$2050-2100])

or

B4 Plus without an amp($2499).

Ok, class...which one does not belong?

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SVS has several B4+ options which are

TommyL

Supporting Actor
There are used amps that would work fine in the 300 buck range....Ed in another post (about the pb2+ ) reviews it very well....great piece ....check out his review and see if room size/ needs etc match up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks