What's new

sub crossover question (1 Viewer)

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
can i use the speaker wire inputs and outputs on a sub, as well as the LFE RCA input at the same time? i'm using the sub that's part of the JBL scs135 set.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
ok here goes......the scs135 center, rears and mains are only rated down to 200hz. i had to go with them because I only have 3 1/4 inches of space for a center channel. my future receiver, yamaha rx-v530 sets the LFE to 90hz and below when the speakers are set to small, which i would def do. however, i'm still left with a large gap in the 90-200hz range. i plan to upgrade my mains to n24s eventually (they should match the scs center because they both have the same titanium laminate tweeter) and they can go down to 75hz. that would take care of the gap for music and such. but, for movies i would still have the 90-200hz gap for the center. i'll be placing my scs135 sub quite close to my tv, so i figured i could have the center channel wired through it and have the crossover at 180hz without any big audio imaging problems. but, i would still need to have the LFE go to my sub too.

Jimmy P

Stunt Coordinator
Most sub manufacturers do not recommend running two types of inputs to the sub at the same time,it can damage your sub.How do yo know what the frequency response of the center and sats are? It would seem stupid on JBL's part to make a system where the center and sats drop off at 200Hz as you say,when most receivers when running in small mode crossover anywhere from 80Hz up to 150Hz.

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
it is odd. but, i have yet to see a bad review of these speakers. so, it must not be as bad as the numbers show it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks