What's new

Sub Cable Problem (1 Viewer)

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Thanks Geoff - it doesn't make sense - does it? I hate the fact that my sub cable will be a different brand, but I guess I can live with it - the performance is what I am after in the end.
But exactly your point - some fancy cable doesn't do what it is supposed to do, and some cheapo $10 cable does! Makes you kind of wonder!
I will just see what the new cable does! At this point, I think it is just wishful thinking that it will make a difference, but ya never know until you try!
Bryan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
Just to update a little - the new cables are on there way, but while waiting I tried an experiment.
My interconnects between my components (RCA Left and Right audio cables) are of the exact same design. So I took those out, and hooked them up to my sub. No thump! Now, if these cables are lifted on one end (which they say they are) and that is the cause of the thump, then I would think I would get the thump here, too. But I didn't! This is making me think that I did just have a bad sub cable, and the new one will work with no problems.
I will post on Monday, as that is when the new cables are scheduled to arrive.
Bryan

Bryan Acevedo

Second Unit
OK - as promised here is an update.
I got the cables today and hooked them up. Absolutely no thump when I turn the fan off. It must have just been a defective cable like the sales guy thought.
Thanks for all of the input though, it was very educational.
Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks