What's new

Adding a 2nd, but different sub-woofer? (1 Viewer)

Pupp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James D.
I found practically a steal of a deal on a Paradigm Ultracube 10 subwoofer.
I have a Kliptch soundbar that can add a 2nd subwoofer (wired only), in addition to it's included wireless subwoofer.

I was wondering if it would be better to just use the Ultracube 10 alone, or add it as a 2nd subwoofter. The woofer would be on a 8 foot cable most likely. I'll going to stop at a home theater business this weekend if I can get into town. I'd even stretch a power cable across the floor if needed, in order to keep the woofer close to the soundbar. [Cable runners are very useful items, and the room itself is pretty small.]

I wanted some input from this forum though. I was wondering what the forum users think about this problem.

Last edited:

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
I would use both. Depending on how low the Klipsch sub goes it may be more of a mid bass monitor. Whereas the Paradigm likely goes even lower.

Pupp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James D.
I used to own a Paradigm UltraCube 10. There is no comparison to the UltraCube 10 and the included wireless sub-woofer that came with the Kliptch Soundbar. It's like comparing a bicycle to a car. That being said, the subwoofer on the Kliptch is still well design and has just enough punch you know you have a sub-woofer.
-I doubt the average person who owns a decent soundbar ever owned a reference level home theater set up. Their more likely to have owned a sound bar in the past, then upgraded to a proper home theater setup.

Granted, the MillenialOne + UltraCube + Anthem AV receiver would the most inexpensive reference level home theater I could, at the time, figure out to be reference level and still fit my budget. But it still rocked, and it fit into my living room while still making my living room look like a living room. :p

I was thinking that perhaps the Kliptch sound bar's subwoofer would end up just doing more of the midrange sounds. The UltraCube 10 would completely own the lowest sounds, and drown out any low frequencies from the Kliptch subwoofer, and nobody would notice.

Last edited:

Pupp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James D.
I found the missing electrical outlet. I'd been wondering, since I moved into the house, why the room seemed to missing an electrical socket.

Someone in the past needed to fix the wall, which didn't use drywall. So the person just put a sheet of drywall over that section, then added shelving to hide the hack job. I just figured out where the outlet shoud be, then used a drywall knife to cut a small section out of the drywall and the problem was solved.

So now I won't have to worry about snaking cables across the room.

I didn't even need to take any shelving down to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks