What's new

Stuntman! (PS2) (1 Viewer)

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
I'm picking it up tonight. I have some pretty high hopes for this game, since it's from the creators of "Driver". It'll be a nice break from Eternal Darkness which I'll (hopefully) be getting later this week too!

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
I only had about an hour to play with it last night. My brief impressions:
It really could use a practice mode. Driver had a great tutorial course, this could have used the same thing.
Getting through the stunt course is trial and error. I would be surprised to see anyone make it through a "scene" on their first try.
It can be really hard. Timing is everything. If you are late getting through one section of a scene, a truck that you are supposed to narrowly miss will end up taking you out completely.
Load times really disrupt the rhythm of the game.
I get the feeling it would have been a much better title on the GameCube or Xbox. There are a lot of things happening onscreen at once, and the framerate takes a hit sometimes.
With all that being said, I still wanted to go back for more. But now Eternal Darkness is here, and I may not be getting back to this title for a little while :)

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I won't say too much about this game as I only tried it at an EB kiosk. However, the load times drove me nuts. Every time you start over, and I started over a lot, the game would have to reload the level. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!! I'm not the patient type, and that level of constant loading definitely puts this game in the rental-only pile. Too bad, as this was one of my most anticipated titles for the ps2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks