Stuntman! (PS2)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig A, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Craig A

Craig A Stunt Coordinator

I'm picking it up tonight. I have some pretty high hopes for this game, since it's from the creators of "Driver". It'll be a nice break from Eternal Darkness which I'll (hopefully) be getting later this week too!

2. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I hear this games is supposed to be good. Let us know how it is.
    -Andre F

3. Craig A

Craig A Stunt Coordinator

I only had about an hour to play with it last night. My brief impressions:
    It really could use a practice mode. Driver had a great tutorial course, this could have used the same thing.
    Getting through the stunt course is trial and error. I would be surprised to see anyone make it through a "scene" on their first try.
    It can be really hard. Timing is everything. If you are late getting through one section of a scene, a truck that you are supposed to narrowly miss will end up taking you out completely.
    Load times really disrupt the rhythm of the game.
    I get the feeling it would have been a much better title on the GameCube or Xbox. There are a lot of things happening onscreen at once, and the framerate takes a hit sometimes.
    With all that being said, I still wanted to go back for more. But now Eternal Darkness is here, and I may not be getting back to this title for a little while [​IMG]

4. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

I won't say too much about this game as I only tried it at an EB kiosk. However, the load times drove me nuts. Every time you start over, and I started over a lot, the game would have to reload the level. Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!! I'm not the patient type, and that level of constant loading definitely puts this game in the rental-only pile. Too bad, as this was one of my most anticipated titles for the ps2.