What's new

Stryper- 7 weeks live in America this tuesday! (1 Viewer)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Not sure how many of you are interested, but I thought I would let you all know about the new live CD, just in case there are a few stryper fans here. Enjoy!:D

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
sorry about that. any chance a mod could change the thread title to 7 weeks live in america CD?

Also chris.. if oyu are interested they do have a live DVD coming later this year. It was filmed this past march in puerto rico.

later..

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
ok.. 62 views.. some of you surely have some interest (or you wouldnt have looked.:D )... how many are getting this tomorrow? :)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I might pick up the DVD. I heard Michael hasn't lost any vocal range. That's very cool.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

I have their CD 7-The Greatest Hits and you honestly can't tell the new songs from the old. They haven't lost anything. That said, I may grab the DVD, or rent it first. As for the CD, I'll get it sometime, but right now I have my sights set on Pillar's next CD "Where Do We Go From Here", I have an autographed copy on pre-order.

Chris

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Kyle... I was able to see them this past november and I can confirm Mike can still hit the high notes. Granted he doesnt in every song, but it is only because if he did in every song every night his voice would be through. :)

Glad to see some people still interested in Stryper.
By the way .. i called a local record store, and It seems this release may be hard to find. Its a small record label (can't remember the name). Just thought I would let you all know, just in case.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I usually order online anyway. The only store within 75 miles that might have it will be so expensive that it's not worth it. 18 bucks for a cd? Come on.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Just got the cd today. EXCELLENT recording! For those who are wondering mike does hit the high notes/screams at the end of the way (actually the last part of the scream sounds even higher than the album), soldiers, to hell with the devil, and makes me wanna sing. Hopefully someday there will be a new full length cd.
Also, Stryper will be in florida (walt disney world), sept.10th of this year. Ticket info at stryper.com
:emoji_thumbsup:

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
uh...Stryper huh? Seriously? wow....

Sorry just messin, I personally couldn't buy anything from these guys but I respect that they play there own instruments and all. Certainly better than these boy bands today right? Right? Who's with me!!

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Ok.. I honestly think some of you need to grow up.If you don't like the band thats fine, but if not, why read the thread in the first place? they are a really talented group of individuals and I started this thread for people who would want to know about the new live CD and maybe discuss it a bit. Maybe its just me, but some responses are just uncalled for. :frowning:

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
How's the sound quality? Was it recorded well? I might pick it up if it is.

Thread crappers need to be shot. First Nick in the thread about the new Rush album, and now this one. Cripes, if you don't like the band, don't read the thread. Many bands are discussed in the forum that I'm not interested in. I don't feel the need to be juvenile and laugh at someone who has different tastes in music. Grow up.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
Sound quality is excellent. I'm usually very picky about live recordings (most of them, at least in the old days) tend to sound tinny. This CD turned out really well, and I should think would please any fans of the band... and the scream mike hits at the end of "The Way".. you just have to hear.. unreal. :) If you pick it up kyle, be sure to give your thoughts. take care.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
Will be picking this up ASAP as well as some of their earlier alums (tapes wore out a long time ago).

I also listen to Judas Priest, In Flames, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodam, etc. Stryper holds their own as far as I'm concerned. They've got some good riffs (understatement).

Had a listen to their mp3s on their website (sound bits) and initially, I too was impressed by the quality of the recording (as impressed as I can be with a 64bit rate).

Here's hoping for a :emoji_thumbsup:

Jason

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I have all their cds up to "Against the Law". Don't listen to them much, but I love live albums, so I would probably listen to it much more than those. Any chance any of the songs from "Against the Law" make it on the live album? That is my favorite album of all of them.

John Milton

Second Unit
I used to be a fan. Can't say I like them or any metal anymore. My brother has this CD though and I listened to it with him a week or so ago. Quality was very good. A bit disappointing that they cut out the chit chat between songs that Michael did during the tour. My brother saw them live a couple of months back. I saw them twice on their To Hell With The Devil tour. They put on a great show even though they were dressed in those funky yellow and black outfits.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
I forgot to ask if this was taken from one show or culled from many. John, I guess you answered that for me. I do like to listen to an entire show, warts and all. I guess that's why I collect bootlegs and don't collect official releases anymore.

I still might pick this up, though.

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
This was primarily from the Atlanta show as Mike says a couple of times during the show. From what I hear some were taken from the Raleigh N.C. show (just a couple) but those are the only 2. Here is a track listing for those interested, and the albums they are from.
1.Sing along song (To Hell with the devil)
2.Makes me wanna sing (soldiers under command)
3.Calling on you (To Hell with the Devil)
4.Free (To hell with the devil)
5. More than a man (To Hell with the Devil)
6.Caught in the middle (against the law)
7.Reach out (Soldiers under command)
8.Loud 'N clear (yellow and black attack)
9.The way (To Hell with the Devil)
10.Soldiers under command ( Soldiers under command)
11.To hell with the Devil (to hell with the devil)
12.Honestly (to hell with the devil)
13.Winter wonderland ( reason for the season single)
14.Closing prayer

Some songs the performed were left off such as In God we trust (which had a new arrangement and was MUCH heavier) hopefully will end up on the DVD release which was recorded this year in puerto rico. Also you wont be lonely, something and for you were left off , the last two because of a deal with their prior company not to have the songs on any other release for a certian period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks