What's new

Stryke SAE1204 vs Adire Shiva - HELP? (1 Viewer)

Kirstyn

Auditioning
I am in desperate need of some experienced advice, I am about to buy either a Stryke SAE1204 or an Adire Shiva and right now am about to flip a coin as to which driver to pick.I need some convincing as to where to spend my money.The application is 100% H.T. and in a 3 cubic foot box ported to 21 hz(PE 300-794 amp).Pricing is almost identicle so thats not an issue, I just need some real world perfomance experience to tip the scales either way.
Thanks to any and all who answers,
K.R.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Hi Kirstyn,

Our SAE1204 came out as our answer to the Shiva a year or more after the shiva came out. Our intent was to offer much more woofer at a lower cost. The other main intent was to make a woofer that would perform better in a vented or PR enclosure. The SAE1204 uses a 2.5" VC instead of a 2", giving higher power handling ability. It uses a much larger motor, giving a Qtc of .39 compared to .33. The higher motor strength and higher Mms of the SAE1204 work to give a flatter response and more output around tuning in a vented enclosure. Xmax is nearly identical between the two. We have results showing 15.8mm Xmax. We also went with a 4 spoke cast aluminum basket instead of the stamped frame of the shiva, and binding post terminals instead of solder terminals. All in all, the cost to have the SAE1204 made is about 2x the cost of the shiva. For a little less than the cost of the shiva you get nearly 2x the woofer.

Comparing in your 3cf enclosure tuned to 21hz, the SAE1204 ends up with a modeled F3 of 21.89hz compared to 27.95Hz for the Shiva.

John

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
I use a SAE 1204 in my Car. It works great in a small box too. Right now its in ~1cubic feet sealed in the trunk of my Mustang.

For home use, like John said, you don't even need a massive box with the 1204. You can get down to the 20's relativly easily.

Kirstyn

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies, I would have thought someone with a Shiva would have chimed in, but the sae 1204 is looking pretty good .
K.R.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks