What's new

Street Hoops - Too much STREET, not enough HOOPS - what do you think? (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
After losing a few games of NFL2K3 last night, I played some Street Hoops.

My first disappointment is that my HD-Ready TV will not display 720p signals. So I can't see the average-looking graphics of Street Hoops in all of their High-Def glory.

However, I am overall disappointed by the fact that the focus of this game seems to be everything OTHER than basketball. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent B-Ball game, but it seems that the whole idea of betting on your games so you can win money to by haircuts and jewelry for your player (um, how does that help you play basketball?) is a little silly.

I'm thinking of exchanging this title for something else - maybe a deposit on NBA2K3...the jury's still out, though.

I will say that the game does look mighty fine, and all the extra videos you can watch are pretty sweet. I don't even mind the soundtrack, even though I am not into the hip-hop/rap scene. It just fits very well. And besides, I can use my own soundtrack if I want to. Unlockable characters and courts is a cool idea too.

I just don't know. Maybe some other opinions will help.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
IGN said the exact same thing. Too much street, and not enough hoops. Pity, because my nephew and I really enjoyed the OXM demo. I'll give it a rental, but if I really want to play a sport just so I can make money to buy new outfits, I think I'll wait for DOA Volleyball. :)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
I haven't played Street Hoops yet, it looked good but why would you play Street Hoops when you can pick up NBA Street for only 20 bucks now. One of the best games on ps2. With Street Hoops I just couldn't imagine it improving on our changing the same basic idea of NBA Street.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks