What's new

Streaming tv/streaming blu ray (1 Viewer)

pegleg618

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Perkins
Noobiest of the noob question. I have just purchased an LG 47LE8500 tv with all of the internet streaming, etc. Is it worthwhile to buy a blu ray player with these features also; wifi, etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Please pardon my ignorance, I did some research with no luck. Thank you....Jack

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Jack,

Not necessary to purchase a BluRay with duplicate streaming capability. However, you may find something in a BluRay that is not offered through the LGTV that you may want to use, then you could go in that direction in order to add features.

Although it may be possible that LG could update the firmware to add the same additional feature in the BluRay you select.

pegleg618

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Perkins
Mikeabt....Thanks for the info, with the prices of full featured blu ray players about the same price as "normal" ones, I'm just going to go with the lg bd570 with the features, I don't need the 590 (I don't think :). I guess I just didn't know if the tv and player would interfere with each other. Thanks again Mikeabt....Jack

pegleg618

Auditioning
Real Name
Jack Perkins
Ended up staying with LG and bought the LHB975 system. That allows me to keep my 2 channel setup also. Anyone have any firsthand experience with the 975 system?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks