What's new

Stormy Weather/Cabin in the Sky on Blu ray/DVD? (1 Viewer)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I'd really hope to see both these important 1943 movies on Blu ray ... their cultural importance alone demands it, and 'Stormy Weather' in particular is a great movie in any context.
But while I wait, does anyone know if there's a source for a good transfer of 'Cabin in the Sky' on DVD?
I have a very good transfer of 'Stormy Weather' but as far as I can determine without actually buying it, the present DVD of 'Cabin in the Sky' is black-and-white only, instead of the warm sepia tone the director (Vincent Minnelli) insisted on.
Can anyone confirm that? If it is sepia, then I'll buy it happily while hoping that the Blu ray will one day come along. The two titles would make for a very special double release, but I guess that's too much to expect!

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
"Stormy Weather" is Fox and "Cabin in the Sky" is Warners, so a special licensing deal would have to be arranged for them to be bundled together. But it would be a great idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks