What's new

Steve Miller hits 76-86 album (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone else know of this album. I bought it as an import quite some time ago and then had it stolen out of my car (along with a bunch of other stuff) several years ago.

It had a yellow cover and I can't remember if it was "Greatest Hits" or "Best of". I bought it to supplement the normal US Best of 74-78 because it had Abracadbra on it and the extended version of Fly Like an Eagle (Space Intro).

The 2nd or 3rd song on it was Bongo Bongo from Italian X-Rays. It also had Division of the Harmonies on it as well.

But now I can find no sign of this sucker anywhere. I just did an exhaustive search of CD NOW, Rolling Stone, Ebay, and a ton of import CD sights, plus any Miller fan sites. So far no sign that this thing even existed.

But I'm pretty sure this was no bootleg, and it was certainly year before CD-R technology, etc. I always thought it was just a Europe only release or something.

Heck, I can't even recreate the album on my own since I don't remember the track listing exactly. Guess I will just end up buying Abracadabra and Italian X-Rays - I already picked up Fly Like an Eagle, etc some time ago to replace my losses (I also had the 74-78 stolen from the car at the same time).

I'm just hoping someone else owned or owns this CD.

Seth,

I own the CD that you are talking about. The copy that I have is an import from Germany and the front and back covers are yello. Sorry to say but I believe the CD has been out of print for awhile. You might be able to find it used somewhere.

The tracks are the same as in Gregs post. If you want to recreate the cd.

-Chris

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys, that's the one.
Not critical to replace as I've always preferred to advance into the full albums from greatest hits, but at the same time I like to keep albums I like and enjoy.
For example I still jam on Changesbowie even though I also have all the albums too.
The biggest thing here was that I thought I was losing my mind. I was pretty certain it must be OOP, but I had no luck even finding a sign of it. Just a matter of finding the right website it seems.
Now Chris, what were you doing in Houston, and while I understand taking that Miller CD why did you take my BS Master of Reality case but not eject the CD from the player??? :) I thought you were smarter than that. :D
(yes, that really happened as well)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I might look into that new greatest hits import that also has Abracabra on it, though it doesn't have the same mix of other new stuff on it that the older one did.
Then again I think I might just fill out my newer Miller catalog while I'm at it and then burn CDs for any mixes I want...one reason is for full-length songs as mentioned.
I think I will make that "yellow hits" album via CD-R. I just really got used to that mix of songs and enjoyed it, though I might like to fit "Make the World Go Around" in there someplace. :)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
FYI King Biscuit is releasing a 2-CD set called "The Steve Miller Band On Tour 1973-1976.
I can't wait! My favorite period of SM is the early 70's and most of my favorite songs are represented: Space Cowboy, Jackson-Kent Blues, My Dark Hour, Going to Mexico, Goin' to the Country, Songs For Our Ancestors, Fly Like An Eagle (2 versions) etc.
But I guess I'll have to get Steve Miller Live to get live versions of Rock'n Me, Take the Money and Run, Swingtown and Jet Airliner.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> why did you take my BS Master of Reality case but not eject the CD from the player???
That case is just to hide the Steve Miller disc in so it doesn't get stolen. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Very clever. ;)
BTW, when I went to BB to pick up the Queen DVD-A I found the new import remastered Greatest Hits in the store. Finally something going my way.
Now all I have to do is track down Italian X-Rays. GFL on that one so far. That will have to be an online buy I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks