What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Watched The Force Awakens on Disney+ last night with my sister and her family who are visiting. Good movie, although my brother-in-law, who is only a little bit of a Star Wars fan, brought up a critique of it that was similar to what Lucas has said—too much similarity to A New Hope. I found myself in the position of defending The Force Awakens, because I've come to really like the movie. But the issue of Rey knowing and being able to fly the Millenium Falcon seemingly just as well as Han Solo, and being able to use a light saber better than someone trained in the arts seemed a bit of an issue with the writing. Still, I love the movie and the new characters, and it's better for me than Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith imho.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
My ratings of the Star Wars films....

The Phantom Menace: A- (I'm weirdly fond of this movie that gets so much hate)
Attack of the Clones: B (Some good stuff, but "sand")
Revenge of the Sith: B
A New Hope: A+
Empire Strikes Back: A+
Return of the Jedi: A-
The Force Awakens: A-
The Last Jedi: A+

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Here’s my current ranking.

Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
Return Of The Jedi
The Last Jedi
Phantom Menace
Attack Of The Clones

Also I don’t hate any of them. They’re all good to great.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I already have tickets for two viewings.
The first one is 12/18 at 13:30. I’ll leave work right after lunch straight to the theatre.
The second is going to be on 12/23. It’s my first day off.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There was a rumor someone left the script for Rise of Skywalker in a hotel room and it ended up on the internet. It turned out to be true and it was John Boyega. Wow I can imagine the phone calls he was getting from Disney.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...ional-last-day-filming-rise-skywalker-1258420

"they will never work with me again."

I doubt it will affect his ability to work, but it may limit his future opportunities to read scripts away from production facilities.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It's being reported that one of the BTS featurettes (which I have not seen) shows that
Warwick Davis suits up as an adult Wicket
in Episode IX.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
Damn, and I complain about my 130 mile round-trip to my nearest Dolby Cinema theater.:blush:
My family is making a 308 mile round trip to see this in Dolby Cinema. This will be my first Dolby Cinema experience, and probably my last for a while.

Only thing I’m worried about is it looks like the seats are in pairs and we have 5 people. Someone is going to be sitting with a stranger, probably me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
My family is making a 308 mile round trip to see this in Dolby Cinema. This will be my first Dolby Cinema experience, and probably my last for a while.

Only thing I’m worried about is it looks like the seats are in pairs and we have 5 people. Someone is going to be sitting with a stranger, probably me.
No different than regular seating as there is a divider between you.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Only thing I’m worried about is it looks like the seats are in pairs and we have 5 people. Someone is going to be sitting with a stranger, probably me

Can't lie, I've been guilty of paying for that extra seat before to avoid that situation ;)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dolby Cinema seats are large enough that you might not even notice the person next to you that much.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Huh? So you bought 2 DolbyCinema seats for a showing so you didn't have to sit next to someone?

Yes, sir! It's like paying extra for the extra first class legroom on a flight. I am not a rich man but I don't have kids so I guess I can afford little luxuries like that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks