What's new

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019) Non-Spoilers! (1 Viewer)

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Showing Leia
with a lightsaber
in a previous trailer I consider a mild spoiler.

I feel like showing every environment of the movie is not a good idea where your mind can start to put them in order of appearance.

Last edited:

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Doesn't the cast see the movie for the first time at the world premiere normally?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ok. I thought they see it at the World Premiere.

They do, again, but of course those involved in the movie generally get to see it before that.

And they keep showing more. I think I have already seen the movie! ;)

I'm actually quite happy with how the trailers and TV spots have been handled. Although I'm seeing footage and think it looks cool, I still don't have any idea what the overall story is or how these small clips fit into the larger whole. I like that a lot.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Statement from the Epilepsy Foundation:
LANDOVER, Md. — The Walt Disney Studios and the Epilepsy Foundation are working together to advise photosensitive viewers to use caution when watching “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.” The film contains several sequences with imagery and sustained flashing lights that may affect those with photosensitive epilepsy.

We thank Disney for reaching out to us and proactively providing information to movie theatres and moviegoers in advance of the movie’s release. If you or someone you know are sensitive to lights, please consider the following as you make plans to watch the movie:

• Ask a friend to watch the movie first.
  • Take your friend with you when you go see the film to alert you to which scenes contain the flashing lights so you block your eyes during those scenes.
  • Teach your friend the three simple steps of seizure first aid — Stay, Safe, Side — so that they can assist if you have a seizure.
For about 3% of people with epilepsy, exposure to flashing lights at certain intensities or certain visual patterns can trigger seizures. This condition is known as photosensitive epilepsy and it’s more common in children and adolescents.

To learn more about photosensitive epilepsy, including what you can do if flashing lights bother you, please visit www.epilepsy.com/photosensitivity.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So...the numerous lightsaber sequences, and lasers, that have been in the other films going back to 1977 aren't a safety risk for people with epilepsy, but some stuff in The Rise of Skywalker is?

Hmm. I wonder what it is.

I'm not saying it's a problem, and I applaud Disney for making this known in advance of the opening. However, I do think it's a bit unusual that this is the first film in a 42-year-old series that has had plenty of flashing lights before to generate such a warning.

Incidentally, this was also the case with Incredibles 2 last year and the hypnotic trances caused by that film's villain. Disney edited the Blu-ray release as a result.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So...the numerous lightsaber sequences, and lasers, that have been in the other films going back to 1977 aren't a safety risk for people with epilepsy, but some stuff in The Rise of Skywalker is?

Nothing, they just spoiled the movie for us. ;) This must mean like the end of Return of the Jedi, the emperor must do the same thing again and probably someone in response do the same thing back!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
John Boyega Is on His Own Hero’s Journey

“The Force Awakens I think was the beginning of something quite solid, The Last Jedi if I'm being honest I'd say that was feeling a bit iffy for me,” Boyega says. “I didn't necessarily agree with a lot of the choices in that and that's something that spoke to Mark [Hamill] a lot about and we had conversations about it. And it was hard for all of us, because we were separated.”

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
ELgvlSyUUAAW-Sg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks