What's new

Star Wars: The Last Jedi discussion thread(Warning: Spoilers!) (2 Viewers)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I think it would be braver to NOT have Kylo redeemed.

Most are expecting it and it would be just a generic villain who sees the errors of his ways.

I say go all bad ass and stay a true villain. Go down fighting not wussing out and turning soft. Embrace your evilness.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Most are expecting it and it would be just a generic villain who sees the errors of his ways.

I say go all bad ass and stay a true villain. Go down fighting not wussing out and turning soft. Embrace your evilness.

I'm not even sure I want to see the first order truly lose, otherwise it would be a retread of Jedi. And then what, a Famous Original First Order rises up for the next trilogy?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Episode IX has to be Kylo ruling the universe, and it is grand.

Healthcare for all
Grand educational facilities
Unemployment at a new low
No slaves
Blue milk for all

Rey kills him, and is hated by all since he created such a wondrous universe.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I think that Hux will discover that Kylo killed Snoke and will try to lead a rebellion to take over leadership of the first order especially since he thinks he deserves it regardless. This dissension within the First Order will give the Resistance the tome to build up their forces and have a reasonable chance in the ultimatE showdown against Kylo

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think that Hux will discover that Kylo killed Snoke

I like the way you're thinking in general -- as I said before, I think Hux is a ticking time bomb and he is going to have to explode sooner or later -- but I'm not sure how Hux could find that out, since the only other living person who knows that is Rey. Unless Rey has some reason to disclose that information to Hux, it seems like it will have to stay buried.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I like the way you're thinking in general -- as I said before, I think Hux is a ticking time bomb and he is going to have to explode sooner or later -- but I'm not sure how Hux could find that out, since the only other living person who knows that is Rey. Unless Rey has some reason to disclose that information to Hux, it seems like it will have to stay buried.

Why wouldn't Hux know? Who else could have taken down Snoke?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Why wouldn't Hux know? Who else could have taken down Snoke?

It feels like the movie itself explained this pretty clearly, but...

Because Ry and Kylo Ren were the only two people in the room when Snoke died who are still alive. Therefore, it's a he-said, she-said situation. Kylo Ren says she did it, and Hux is, however grudgingly, his subordinate. So, unless Rey says otherwise, that's the version of events that the First Order will believe. If Hux were to suspect otherwise (and I don't think he has any reason to), he would have no actual proof, since he wasn't there. That makes "Rey killed Snoke" the "official" version of events.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I think it was the very next shot after the fight. He woke up after being knocked out from the saber exploding.
I think it was the guards who came in that he told, Rey murdered Snoke.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
it seems kind of suspect from Hux's POV.

You might very well be correct, but he has no proof. And seeing as Kylo Ren can Force choke people into submission, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot he can do about it.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think it was the very next shot after the fight. He woke up after being knocked out from the saber exploding.
I think it was the guards who came in that he told, Rey murdered Snoke.
The scene basically goes that Hux is looking at Snoke's body and he walks over to the unconscious Kylo Ren and starts to go for his gun to bushwhack Ren. At that moment, Ren wakes up and Hux stops going for his gun & he asks Ren what happened. Ren says that "the girl killed Snoke" and escaped. Then Ren starts giving orders to Hux, he takes umbrage and Ren chokes him into submission.

Personally, I think Hux takes Ren at his word (given what Hux sees, it's a believable story) and I don't know that he's loyal enough to Snoke to even really care who killed him (he seems more in it for the power than a desire to serve Snoke) but it doesn't really matter because if Hux has a chance, he'd kill Kylo Ren to become the head of the First Order.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
My son, a cinematic artist majoring in game design at UCF, recreated the Luke Skywalker vs. Kylo Ren showdown from "The Last Jedi" using editing tools and directing camera angles and performers from the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game. Check it out on YouTube; I think you'll like it. EA Game execs actually did and reached out to him to be a Game Changer consulting on future games. Talk about creating your dream gig from a computer in your own room!

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I never saw it in the theater other than that one time in May 1977.

I'll be the first to admit that memory is fallible. I'm not offended in the slightest that you guys don't believe me. There's no real proof other than my memory and a couple of mentions elsewhere that have no backing documentation to support the claim... who's to say I actually didn't see it originally but later on a home video release and have simply commingled the memories over the ensuing years.

Exactly what I'm saying. :)

How interesting that "Episode IV" is nowhere to be seen in this 1977 print:

Star Wars opening crawl.jpg

Last edited:

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The novelization is finally out. About to read it on my Nook. I really think they hurt themselves on sales by not having it released at least as an ebook within a week of the movie's release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks