What's new

Star Wars DVD Poll (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
When Episodes IV - VI are eventually released to DVD, do you feel it is a MUST for Lucas to include the original versions of the films? I think it'd be nice to have them, but their exclusion wouldn't overly upset me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I prefer the 'SE' versions to the originals, they fit into the series better and more closely match 'EP I' and 'EP II'. So no it's not required for me.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Yes - Original versions are a must!
I want the same film that awed me 25 years ago.
I can't stomach the PC revision-ism and I'm surprised most here are OK with it. :frowning:
To each his own.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I can't stomach the PC revision-ism and I'm surprised most here are OK with it.
I don't care much for it either. I have no problem with most of the changes, but I wish Lucas would get rid of the "Greedo shoots first" scene. Of course, with ol' George shooting more scenes for the original trilogy, this issue is gonna get even more complicated!

Wes C

Supporting Actor
It doesnt matter to much to me. I like the OT better, but SE is still star wars and I would happily purchase it.

Devils advocate: Arent we supposed to want to see the movies how the director intended? (OAR) Lucas intended the SE scenes to be in the movie, so that should be the ultimate version right?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Definately both.

My reasoning - The Originals are the films I fell in love with and should be made available. Saying that I would still purchase both anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks