What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount+ Star Trek: Discovery - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I still can’t seem to find any where to access Short Treks here in Canada. An e-mail sent to the Space Channel received no reply.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I still can’t seem to find any where to access Short Treks here in Canada. An e-mail sent to the Space Channel received no reply.

Damn, that sucks :(

If you are in Calgary any time soon send me a message and you can binge them all at my place!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Another fun Short Trek.

C’mon Pike Show. To just do these little things and then leave it at that would be cruel!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Really enjoyed "Don't Ask." I kinda knew fairly early into the story there was gonna be something else going on, but it was a nice ride.

And agreed with Josh...just do a damn Pike/Number One/Spock show already. For the love of everything holy, deep six Section 31 and put this one in its place.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I liked that I could guess what Pike was doing, which then made me as a viewer root for the cadet, and I thought that was a cool way to tell the story - knowing what she has to do and hoping that she can see it too.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I finally just caught a short trek. It was an animated one called “The Girl Who Made The Stars”. What a disappointment! What a piece of childish Saturday morning cartoon crap! My wife and I both found the eyes of the characters creepy. If this is what the rest of them are like, l’m no longer upset about missing some.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I finally just caught a short trek. It was an animated one called “The Girl Who Made The Stars”. What a disappointment! What a piece of childish Saturday morning cartoon crap! My wife and I both found the eyes of the characters creepy. If this is what the rest of them are like, l’m no longer upset about missing some.

I saw the first 4 before abandoning STD entirely, and the second short by Michael Chabon almost made Discovery worthwhile. It was probably the best thing with the Star Trek name on it so far this millennium, though that is a low bar. But still, I'd recommend seeing that one. It's also probably tying into season 3 somehow.

The rest? Eh. They're not bad, but I'd have to care about the characters to recommend them.

There's also a Picard prequel Short Trek coming in January just before the series, so that's probably going to be essential.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The new animated Short Treks are made in the spirit of the upcoming animated children’s show, so yes, they’re aimed at that age level. The beauty of Short Treks is that they’re all different; it’s meant to be odds and ends from the Trek universe, so one episode you get one thing, and then for another you get something else.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I don't have the same level of vitriol as you do toward these two new Short Treks, but they aren't my cup of tea either. And that's okay. I can acknowledge and be very happy that some Trek isn't for me and move on.

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck

The animated kids show one you saw can in no reasonable manner be equated to the ones for Discovery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GAMark
Recent bookmarks