What's new

Todd Gilchrist

Premium
Reviewer
CBS All Access’ flagship Star Trek series Discovery geared up for Season 3 on October 15, but plans are already underway for Season 4. Although the COVID-19 shutdown delayed production, co-creator Alex Kurtzman (Star Trek Into Darkness) announced in August that the show’s team of writers were able to “get quite ahead in scripts” for the next season, with filming to begin at Toronto’s Pinewood Studios on November 2. Kurtzman indicated that the crew will work in “pods” to minimize the risk of spreading the Coronavirus as they push the acclaimed series forward with new worlds and new civilizations.
Co-created by Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller (Hannibal), Discovery takes place approximately a decade before the events of the original Star Trek series, and stars Sonequa Martin-Green (The Walking Dead) as...

Continue reading...

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
So I'm "nobody"??

No, FanboyZ is.

Everybody has the right not to "like" something, but his post was just petty and troll-like. Could be one of that group of Discovery detractors who have never even watched an episode, or bailed after the first one, but somehow feel the need to constantly post "hated it" in threads they should, presumably, have no interest in.

I like the show. True, it doesn't look like 1964 Star Trek, but really, would anyone (other than some of the long-time fans) take the show seriously if this had the same production design as "The Cage"? Star Trek and Doctor Who fans tend to get hung-up on things that really are pretty minor (and I say this as a long-time fan of both shows myself).

I'm not saying I like every single decision that's been made on both shows, but I didn't necessarily like every single thing about the "classic" versions of these franchises, either.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I like the show. True, it doesn't look like 1964 Star Trek, but really, would anyone (other than some of the long-time fans) take the show seriously if this had the same production design as "The Cage"? Star Trek and Doctor Who fans tend to get hung-up on things that really are pretty minor (and I say this as a long-time fan of both shows myself).

My issue there is that the show starts its timeline before we get to the events of the Cage. However, it Looks Technologically beyond there. Im not saying they have to re construct the 40 acres and raise old sets from the dead but They could make an effort to remember which timeline they're in

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I absolutely love the show. My wife and I go down to our home theatre 15 minutes after 9 every Thursday (so we can ff through commercials), and sit enthralled. It is the fastest 48 minutes of the week. My thought really is "what kind of nut wouldn't love it"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks