What's new

Stalingrad - Documentary from Synapse June 27th (1 Viewer)

TimJS

Second Unit
Stalingrad (2003) will be released from synapse on the 27th. This doc was nominated for an international Emmy in 2003.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1) Presentation
• English Language Dubbed Version Features Footage Not Seen in Original Foreign Broadcast
• “RECOLLECTIONS” – Deleted Interview Segments
• Video Interview With Dr. Guido Knopp (Professor and Historian)
• Stalingrad Today - Views of the City of Volgograd

Mods, please leave thread in Film and Documentary.

Tim

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I received this disc from Netflix over a week ago. Maybe it released early. I would recommend that viewers first watch Stalingrad, the movie from 1993 to get a better overall view of the battle. While the personal recollections in the documentary were very moving there's very little discussion of some of the major aspects of the Battle of Stalingrad so it's sometimes hard to put things in their proper context without a fuller understanding of the conflict.

TimJS

Second Unit
Michael:

It looks like the date did shift at some point.

I thought this review was interesting...

So your point about the need to brush up on the larger perspective of the battle is well made.

Tim

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
What's the consensus on Enemy at the Gates as far as historical accuracy. I saw the '93 Stalingrad a couple of weeks ago and thought it was excellent.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
What I liked about Enemy at the Gates was the opening scene which showed in harrowing detail the Soviet attempts to carry supplies and soldiers across the Volga. The rest of the movie was less concerned with covering the battle was a whole but it's still worth watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks