What's new

SR6200 vs. 5760 (1 Viewer)

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have a Marantz SR6200 receiver, but I am looking at the Yamaha 5760. I like the 5760 because of the component switching, and I think I will be able to hook everything up through the Yamaha which I never could/did with the Marantz. I really like the upswitching, everything to S-video, except the component. I'm just wondering if the Yamaha is a better receiver, and is worth getting just to be able to have the better input/output selection for hooking up everything.

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
The newer Marantz receivers do upconverting as well, so it may come down to other factors. You should audition both to see what sounds better.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
OK, thanks. I have the Marantz now, I just want a receiver that has the upconverting and more inputs/outputs than I have now. I can't really compare my Marantz setup and my home, to a Yamaha inside Best Buy:D . So I wondered what others thought.

Dirk_R

Auditioning
Anyone have a Marantz SR7400 that can provide some advice? I set up my newly acquired home theater components a few weeks ago. When I play a dvd in dts, the SR7400 won't switch to dts. When I switch the marantz vc5000 dvd player to dts, the receiver produces no sound. Note, the display on the receiver indicates Analog. Advice appreciated.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
How is the DVD player hooked up to the receiver? Are you using a digital output from the DVD player, or are you using RCA's or something. Make sure you have a digital hookup, and make sure the DVD in the Marantz is set to use the Digital Input the DVD player is hooked to.

Hopefully someone else can provide better info, but that is what I would check with my SR6200.

Dirk_R

Auditioning
Checked it out and sure enough, I failed to connect the digital coax out from the dvd to the receiver. I only had the analog sound connected to the receiver and the s-video connected to the tv. I threw in Monsters, Inc. and the system immediately changed to digital, sensing all of my different speakers. The sound was tremendous and dramatically better than the analog 5.1 I was getting. When I selected DTS, the receiver said "Incompatible" though. Any other thoughts or related advice regarding this receiver? Thanks again.

Jeremy K

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, I haven't seen that on mine. When you say you selected DTS, did you select it on your DVD player I assume? Or did you select DTS somewhere in the receiver? I haven't used DTS very often because I don't run into many DVD's with DTS on them. I always just switch it in the DVD menu, I don't change anything on the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks