What's new

Springsteen in HD on HBO! (1 Viewer)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
One week warning...next Saturday the 7th, at 8:00pm central, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band will be in HD on HBO. It's time to get those HD-capable satellite dishes going!
- Steve

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Wow.
Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. Aggressive audience and the occasional instrument echoing in the rears.
You can make out the stitches on his black Levis.
The camerawork is a little too kinetic, but when it pulls back and shows the stage, it looks like you are there, especially when they bring up the lights and show the crowd at Madison Square Garden in deep focus.
Badlands is just about the most amazing live concert footage I have ever seen...and I'll bet that before the show is over, they'll top it.
Truly incredible stuff.
- Steve

CRyan

Screenwriter
I agree Steve. It is an incredible "demonstration" of what HD is all about. The crowd shots and shots with Bruce and his guitar are incredible. I was surprised to see it in 5.1. Very good sound, but that "cowbell" in the surrounds can be annoying. Don't know why I am constantly focusing on that. But hey, no dropouts. :)
Anyway, great presentation and some great music echoing through the house.
C. Ryan

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
And American Skin gave me chills...
This has just supplanted Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense as my favorite concert film.
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks