What's new

Sports DVDs (1 Viewer)

Markus Lidstrom

Stunt Coordinator
Its my brother's birthday very soon, and I'm hoping to get him into DVDs (because I love them, and because it couldnt hurt to have two collectors in the family). However, he really isnt too into movies, and I already have most of his favorites on DVD myself; but I KNOW he would love some kind of stacked sports DVD.
I was thinking about Ultimate Jordan. Any suggestions.
(PS he loves Basketball and Soccer, otherwise I would pick up a few Don Cherry discs :D )

Roy Wallace

Stunt Coordinator
If the Don Cherry "13" is anything like his previous vhs tapes, it is worth getting... provided he enjoys hockey.
( As a Canadian, I am required by law to love hockey.:D )
RW

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Movie wise;

If he likes soccer, one of my personal favorites is Victory w/Sly and Michael Caine. Not the best transfer ever but its the best this movie has looked

Hoosiers

Rudy

Bull Durham

Remember the Titans

The Natural

Field of Dreams

to name a few

Sorry didnt see that he didnt like movies.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Michael Jordan to the Max is also a good DVD - anamorphic, commentary, and just a $19.99 retail price. Plus some nice extras, and I found that the 46-minute documentary to be quite enjoyable even if it just focuses on Jordan's last year (before he returned) and while the TV doesn't measure up to the IMAX screen, the documentary holds up just fine nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks