What's new

SPL meters: digital or analog? (1 Viewer)

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
I'm ready to buy a SPL meter. The only one I can find is the digital one at radio shack, but everyone keeps saying the analog one is better... Why? Am I not going to be able to calibrate as well with the digital model?

thanks!

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
They are both fine, people prefer the analog because its cheaper, and it has a simpler, more user intuitive needle display. You should be totally fine with either.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
thanks guys. yea i stopped in a radio shack today, and the lady was very helpful. She said there are still a few left in stores, and that they actually gave the analog model a new SKU number (33-4050) which led her to believe that they may be re-releasing it. just was not sure if I should go through the trouble to track down an analog version or not.

I was able to track down one of the new curvey analog spl meters about 3 weeks ago. I had to go to 3 different Radio Shacks before I found one that had it in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks